Virginia Tech Postgame

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
VT kicks opening kick off out of end zone.....We take over at the 25......and get a DELAY of GAME penalty?? The game has not even started, still 15:00 on 1str clock and we are first and fifteen...?
As a coach, you can't rush your play call in that tricky situation....

Honestly thought it was quick clock but this ABSOLUTELY CANNOT HAPPEN!!! Especially when your plays are scripted

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
well, yes. But every team drops passes. When you’re gaining two yards a play that’s a lot bigger problem than when you’re gaining five. The complaint isn’t that Pnut causes a drop. The complaint is that we are getting two yards a play, and so dropped passes are bigger killers than they normally are (and again, every team drops passes)

The drops factor in to the yards per play....

But regardless, when your OLine can't block anything it doesn't matter what you call. A new OC isn't going to magically make us stop having matadors on the OLine.

Vespidae

Helluva Engineer
VT kicks opening kick off out of end zone.....We take over at the 25......and get a DELAY of GAME penalty?? The game has not even started, still 15:00 on 1str clock and we are first and fifteen...?
As a coach, you can't rush your play call in that tricky situation....

It’s a strange new strategy. It caught VT off guard too.

Tjacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Coaching. Staff. Too. Young and inexperienced. Really showed today. I am sorry to admit . No offensive. Or defensive adjustments .

stylee

Ramblin' Wreck
Featured Member
The drops factor in to the yards per play....

But regardless, when your OLine can't block anything it doesn't matter what you call. A new OC isn't going to magically make us stop having matadors on the OLine.

The OL situation is rough and so our expectations should be tempered. But how much more tempering should we be doing? What’s your best case expectations for Pnut’s offense when he gets “his guys” in there? Top 5 OFEI? Top 10? Top 25?

My eye test tells me the ceiling is not super high. Maybe you and ibeeballin see differently, but I don’t know what yalls 3 year expectation is. Offensive line issues suck, but I think of it like that John Lennon quote via the Departed: “I’m a musician. Give me an effing tuba and I’ll get something out of it.”

maybe our offensive personnel is a tuba, but Pnut is no John Lennon

WreckinGT

Helluva Engineer
Embarrassing is the only real way to put it. One of the worst games I have witnessed as a Tech fan. We should be taking a serious look at the offensive coaching staff this off season. To say they aren’t getting the job done is a massive understatement. You can only blame the players so much.