Virginia Tech Postgame

Jerry the Jacket

Helluva Engineer
You know I think we have a good chance with a 2 QB rotation, playing both some and giving the majority of the snaps to the one that has the hot hand for that game. I think TaQuon displayed that he has the attitude to handle that and not hang his head over being replaced in certain situations. The key is not to go right back to Marshall as the one and only QB. Yeah he was a starter for a reason but that is past tense. You evolve and grow as a team and I think employing Oliver in a big way for the balance of this season is our best chance to be the best football team we can be.

Go Jackets!

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
You know I think we have a good chance with a 2 QB rotation, playing both some and giving the majority of the snaps to the one that has the hot hand for that game. I think TaQuon displayed that he has the attitude to handle that and not hang his head over being replaced in certain situations. The key is not to go right back to Marshall as the one and only QB. Yeah he was a starter for a reason but that is past tense. You evolve and grow as a team and I think employing Oliver in a big way for the balance of this season is our best chance to be the best football team we can be.

Go Jackets!
Shouldn’t that be hot feet?

ibeattetris

Helluva Engineer
On the Triple option, we scoop (cut) the backside DL, iiuc. So, I think Foster lined up so that the DL who would be backside would be off the ball ready to defeat the block.
I’ll try to pay attention when I watch again. I never noticed the left DT doing it, just the right. It was probably just me missing the details.

jacketup

Helluva Engineer
I personally do not like QB rotations. Snap counts are different, timing is different, etc. Replacing one is a different story.

When you have a QB carrying the ball 40 times a game and getting hit when he doesn't--essentially he's a running back and not a QB--you better have a QB rotation just like you have a running back rotation.

MidtownJacket

Staff member
My concern with a two qb rotation is that TO gets up field almost immediately and TQM is more east to west looking for his opening and stringing the D out. It would be hard to keep good pitch relationship with those guys switching out (though doable).

Loved seeing the return of the bback sweep and pitch tonight. That is set up by TO abusing the interior of the defense and by the OL getting the push we had all game long.

Also can not say enough about how enjoyable the death march is in 3rd and 4th Quarters when you can see the defeat and fear in the eyes of the opponents d and o.

#aGreatGame #aGreatNight #goJackets

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jwsavhGT

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
James Lacy says:
October 29, 2018 at 07:31
B’street some things can be dressed up made to look pretty (winning at all cost is loosing in the end)
and even can be legal but totally wrong cruel and dangerous. Teaching and encouraging chop blocks fits in the later category and is a definition of winning at all cost especially when since someone else has to pay for your actions.... Since I am a Pastor and the Golden Rule lives in my heart knowing retaliation perpetuates the wrong act that was not what come to my mind at that moment forgive me Lord my God.

Somebody needs to explain the difference between "Cut Blocks" & "Chop Blocks" to the right Reverend.