#2 BC '07
UNC '09
#13 Clemson '11
#8 FSU '12
Duke '13
Maryland '13
GT '14

First Blacksburg win for CPJ.

Geez, VT sure hasn't represented the Coastal well at home with 5 losses to the Atlantic division. Only 5 total home losses to Coastal opponents and 3 of those are from last season or the current one.

GTJason

Helluva Engineer
According to Ken S. it we had the first FG try blocked since 2006 in Lane. It seems we took the Beamer Ball (F*ck I hate that term) out of Beamer

charles

Jolly Good Fellow
I think that the accolades and fulfillment that any team gets when leaving Blacksburg with a WIN is warranted ; Not many teams have enjoyed that accomplishment; Kudo's to the team and coaching staff; lets enjoy the moment and carry over the enthusiasm to the Miami game

Js-showman

Jolly Good Fellow
I think that the accolades and fulfillment that any team gets when leaving Blacksburg with a WIN is warranted ; Not many teams have enjoyed that accomplishment; Kudo's to the team and coaching staff; lets enjoy the moment and carry over the enthusiasm to the Miami game
They are 19-4 in home conference openers under Frank Beamer.
Not an easy place to win.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I hope they lose just barely enough to be behind us in any tiebreaker scenario. SoS still means something and having VT go down the s*** hole does us no favors.

I don't care about SOS, just want to see them destroyed early and often. You don't live in Va.

I talked with a VT and FSU alum today. I never let on that I was from GT, but to hear it from the VT fan, they gave us the game despite our incompetent efforts to lose it. When I asked him why the only time VT could score in the second half was a forced fumble, he said it was because they were so young and their OL wasn't very good. But GT was worse. I also asked about getting FGs blocked since that was pretty rare. He said it was just a lucky fluke. (No reason to let him know that we had 5 last year!)

The FSU alum said that FSU has a defense but not much O without Winston. And very little running game. He knew I was from GT and found the barbs for the VT guy funny.

OldJacketFan

Helluva Engineer
I don't care about SOS, just want to see them destroyed early and often. You don't live in Va.

I talked with a VT and FSU alum today. I never let on that I was from GT, but to hear it from the VT fan, they gave us the game despite our incompetent efforts to lose it. When I asked him why the only time VT could score in the second half was a forced fumble, he said it was because they were so young and their OL wasn't very good. But GT was worse. I also asked about getting FGs blocked since that was pretty rare. He said it was just a lucky fluke. (No reason to let him know that we had 5 last year!)

The FSU alum said that FSU has a defense but not much O without Winston. And very little running game. He knew I was from GT and found the barbs for the VT guy funny.

Nuke you enjoyed that way toooooooooooooo much! :ROFLMAO:

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer

I used to live in Richmond, so I feel your pain. Tons of Hokie fans in the Confederate capital. Every time I heard someone say "Tech" I thought they were talking about GT only to realize they think it means VT. Still, SoS matter in the polls so if we want better recruiting, we need to show up in the polls and get a some national cred/love. If it weren't for that, I'd hope they'd lose 'em all. I still can't root for the mutts, I hope the lose 'em all regardless of SoS.