Virginia postgame press conference

Treb1982

Jolly Good Fellow
Was his response " well we probably shouldn't tried to throw it 22 times in the pouring rain with a rb pretending to be a QB but I just had a feeling"

1979jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Summary
This team has lost some tough games
The special teams have really hurt us - that has to be the worst pooch kick of all time - it wasn't even an onside - it was suppose to be a pooch for god sakes
Coach thought we should have been able to run up the middle but we couldn't, explains some of the problems with outside play
We have been terrible with our blitzes and have not done a good job picking up other teams blitzes
CPJ can be frustrated often but seemed particularly frustrated today. How does he get this team to play going forward?
I know it is an excuse but UVA was playing as if this was their Super Bowl and we were just playing another game

Jerry the Jacket

Helluva Engineer
I don't know about that. This is still a team with the ability to play well and win. I know we have not been able to get over the hump in a lot of games but being at home will give us a bit of an edge that just might allow us to win. Just not ready to give up on this team.

Go Jackets!

YJAlleyCat

Jolly Good Fellow
This was the first game this year that I didn’t have the stomach for listening to the post game show. Not sure I want to open that wound again so thanks @1979jacket for the summary.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
Let's look past one game where we lost to a team we feel like we should have beaten. Since PJ has been head coach.
1. ST play has been below average except when we had Butker who usually kicked out of the end zone with no return. We actually have a really good punter this year.
2. Defense has been below average every year. This year is a little better but not real good. No pass rush ever under PJ.
3. Offense has been above average most years except we have never had decent pass blocking under PJ. There must be some keys with our blocking that tells the D we are passing. We need some speed at WR. BS has good hands and blocks well but is not able to get separation. RJ is a good receiver. We have never had a decent passing game. Always looking for the home run. Not happening this year.
4. Coaching staff needs to be revamped. OL is woefully in need of help.

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
Let's look past one game where we lost to a team we feel like we should have beaten. Since PJ has been head coach.
1. ST play has been below average except when we had Butker who usually kicked out of the end zone with no return. We actually have a really good punter this year.
2. Defense has been below average every year. This year is a little better but not real good. No pass rush ever under PJ.
3. Offense has been above average most years except we have never had decent pass blocking under PJ. There must be some keys with our blocking that tells the D we are passing. We need some speed at WR. BS has good hands and blocks well but is not able to get separation. RJ is a good receiver. We have never had a decent passing game. Always looking for the home run. Not happening this year.
4. Coaching staff needs to be revamped. OL is woefully in need of help.

And not only does the beat go on - there is zero chance it will change program wide.

Why, in year TEN would it? What is the motivation to do so when your contract is extended and you are getting raises?

Nothing is going to change, program wide, to address all that you have detailed. We might, again, get a better PK but we will never change (after 10 years) to a more sensible pass blocking scheme to support an effective passing game. Just an example.

To make real changes would require harder, and smarter, work from the administration & coaches. And more contribution from fans.

Don’t hold your breath.