Video: Golden happy to be back

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
Thanks. I like Jamaal. Having him back returning kicks is huge. I'm not so sure about his defense, but he's a great athlete and he had a year off to watch and learn so I'm anxious to see how he develops.

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer
Hell of a returner, and I think he can be a ball-hawking safety similar to how Tarrant played. I never liked his tackling technique/intensity, though, so maybe he would be better at corner than safety. I kind of like the idea of him playing deep center field, with Isaiah and whoever wins the other safety spot working closer to the line.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
Hell of a returner, and I think he can be a ball-hawking safety similar to how Tarrant played. I never liked his tackling technique/intensity, though, so maybe he would be better at corner than safety. I kind of like the idea of him playing deep center field, with Isaiah and whoever wins the other safety spot working closer to the line.
I sure hope he's better than Tarrant on D.

GTJason

Helluva Engineer
Golden is happy to be back.

The rest of the ACC soon won't be.
I just hope a few of the teams forget how good he is and actually kick to him. You can't ask him to not take it to the house against a Wofford or whoever, but as soon as he runs one back they'll be kicking off to the other side and punting out of bounds. I'd rather his TD debut be against VPI

00Burdell

Helluva Engineer
I just hope a few of the teams forget how good he is and actually kick to him. You can't ask him to not take it to the house against a Wofford or whoever, but as soon as he runs one back they'll be kicking off to the other side and punting out of bounds. I'd rather his TD debut be against VPI

In my opinion, it would be a very good thing if he took a few to the house (or for big returns) in our first 3 games. This would, as you point out, get inside the head of the other team's kickers and coaches and force them to make special accommodation for Golden and anytime you create a situation like that, you increase the likelihood that something will go wrong for them.

Players like Golden - who are formidable enough to force an opponent to play "left-handed" as O'Leary used to say are extremely valuable commodities - its been a while since I recall us having one.