Verizon Commercial

Just saw a Verizon commercial that featured Tech basketball. Showed high lights of Tech playing in a past March Madness. Kind of funny they picked Tech for a national ad. Pub is pub I guess right?

ESPNjacket

Helluva Engineer
It showed GT's last NCAA tournament game in the second round versus Ohio State in 2010. Lawal's dunk made it 10-2.

GT lost by 9 and hasn't played in the NCAAT since.

It definitely is an odd choice.

RLR

Jolly Good Fellow
wow. you weren't kidding.

Somewhat odd My guesses:

(1) pandering to ATL b/c #FiberIsComing
(2) At&T has rights to the 2010 footage / GT rights are cheap / AT&T & GT have some sort of media partnership

BleedingGold

Jolly Good Fellow
All the talent on that team and we were on the wrong side of the bubble going into the ACC tournament. Believe we had to overcome a double digit halftime deficit to UNC in the first round just to keep the season alive. Oh, Hewitt.

gtg147g

Georgia Tech Fan
I wonder if AT&T made different spots with different teams to show in different markets?

Negative. I get the same ad once every few hours during March Madness coverage in the good ol' midwest (Cincinnati). That might have something to do with the fact that Ohio State was the other team in the footage, though...

Such an odd thing, since I went to both schools (tOSU for grad school). Every time the ad comes on I look around at people to make sure it wasn't just in my head.