Venable to Oklahoma as new HC

Novajacket

Jolly Good Fellow
I think T Roof gets disrespected a lot. He performed at the talent level of his players. He doesn’t over perform, but he doesn’t under perform either. Unlike some I’ve seen. I think most of the CPJ DC underperformed, as well as current one so far.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
The contract for new Oklahoma Sooners football coach Brent Venables is worth $43.5 million over six years, sources told ESPN on Friday, making it one of the richest contracts for a first-year head coach in college football history.

The Oklahoma University Board of Regents still has to approve the deal, which averages $7.25 million annually and runs through the 2027 season. Venables' salary will increase by $100,000 each year through the life of the contract and he would collect a $400,000 bonus for winning the national championship, sources told ESPN.

okiemon

Helluva Engineer
I think T Roof gets disrespected a lot. He performed at the talent level of his players. He doesn’t over perform, but he doesn’t under perform either. Unlike some I’ve seen. I think most of the CPJ DC underperformed, as well as current one so far.
His defenses weren’t as bad as Thacker’s, but he still seemed to be the master of the “bend first, and then break” defense.

laoh

Ramblin' Wreck
I guess we'll find out if Dabo will be out of the job in a few years in ways like Malzahn, Chizik, or Orgeron.... or he can pull a Nick Saban and live forever.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Ted will be the DC whiel him and venerables come up with the plans. Venerables wants him teaching linebackers and tell him what he's seeing in the booth.
When david curry was a freshman iirc safety, he shot a gap and ran a play down for a lose near the goal line. As he came off field coach roof have him a big approval , david was like a kid that unexpectedly did something very good

Maybe there is some strategy to venebles.

wrmathis

Ramblin' Wreck
When david curry was a freshman iirc safety, he shot a gap and ran a play down for a lose near the goal line. As he came off field coach roof have him a big approval , david was like a kid that unexpectedly did something very good

Maybe there is some strategy to venebles.
When roofs son TD was in he seemed to be the only LB ever to get home on a blitz. It’s like Roof only called LB blitzes whil TD was in the game.