Vegas win totals updated. We aren't last!!!

boger2337

Helluva Engineer
Vegas has released their new projected win totals for the ACC. Would you know it, we aren't last!!!

This is based off of the 10 game conference schedule. Not including the +1 game.

Syracuse, BC, WF, and MIAMI are behind us! I've heard a lot of hype with Miami, but I'm guessing this number is based on they expect Miami to have some covid issues??? I'm an avid sports gambler and love tracking how vegas views us. Last year they were dead on opening at 4.5 wins and moving to 3.5 wins. Last year we didn't cover 3.5 and this year I think we add a win or two. Id take anything 3.5 and under for us.

Miami at 3.5 wins sounds like free money, but they know something I don't. Clearly...
Screenshot_20200821-213853_Action.jpg

Deleted member 2897

Vegas has released their new projected win totals for the ACC. Would you know it, we aren't last!!!

This is based off of the 10 game conference schedule. Not including the +1 game.

Syracuse, BC, WF, and MIAMI are behind us! I've heard a lot of hype with Miami, but I'm guessing this number is based on they expect Miami to have some covid issues??? I'm an avid sports gambler and love tracking how vegas views us. Last year they were dead on opening at 4.5 wins and moving to 3.5 wins. Last year we didn't cover 3.5 and this year I think we add a win or two. Id take anything 3.5 and under for us.

Miami at 3.5 wins sounds like free money, but they know something I don't. Clearly... View attachment 8818

For a team that lost a bunch of transfers, key people, and has had horrid recruiting classes, they sure are high in Virginia A & M.

BCJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
That's wild. 'Vegas' is usually pretty smart.

The national media has been pretty high on Miami bouncing back this year, because 'too much talent not to win more' (evidently they haven't been watching Miami this century...) I wonder if 'vegas' knows something about D'Eriq King? (Opting out for the draft?)

VT seems inexplicable, except, they did go 5-3 in conference last year. Looking at their schedule and the odds for their opponents, you can ID 8 probable wins if you think VT will be improved.

I'm a little surprised 'they' aren't higher on UNC and lower on F$U. I guess the perception is a sophmore slump for Mack? UNC's schedule seems like 7 wins minimum, 8-9 possible.

LibertyTurns

Banned
The odds are really not that far fetched. The expect us to beat the 3 teams below us & have a 80% chance of winning 1 of the other 8. You’ve got some great equalizers this year:

A. Spring practices were cut short limiting opportunities for talent development
B. Kids were at home by themselves for an extended period of time. Less diciplined kids & team should be in worse physical shape
C. Normal routine return to school in summer for practices was jacked up
D. Not all kids returned & a lower percentage in the “draftable ranks” returned bringing the top teams back down towards us
E. School is disrupted, again break from normal
F. We’re less than a month from kickoff & teams do not know if we’re really playing yet
G. Practices are not the same with new protocols in place
H. You get no warm up games to work out the kinks probably leading to more head scratchers early on
I. You got outbreaks on teams sidelining players. Better organized teams will handle it better.

There’s very few items on this list that a normal, much more personally disciplined student-athlete at GT would not handle better than you average nut licking moron from up the road for example. We’re only disadvantaged in practice so physical advantages will weigh more heavily this year than traits coached up more.

boger2337

Helluva Engineer
Having NC State above us seems wrong. Having Pitt below Duke also seems wrong. I'd say move us to 4 wins on the list, and pitt to 5.

YJMD

Helluva Engineer
For a team that lost a bunch of transfers, key people, and has had horrid recruiting classes, they sure are high in Virginia A & M.

Without Foster the identity may be lost. But they return a lot of production. They have enough guys at the top of the roster. Problems will really hit them after this year. They could be in trouble if they start losing guys to injury or have to have folks out for COVID. Their foundation is crumbling but the house is still standing ATM.

Dottie1145

Helluva Engineer
NC State has like 1 single 10-win season in their entire history. They’ve never known how to win games
They didn’t project 10 wins for them...just more wins than us. Good teams don’t have to win 10. We were good in 2016, only won 9.

LibertyTurns

Banned
Pretty interesting odds by Vegas. On average they expect every single ACC Team to lose its OOC game. There’s a hair over 75 wins in this list and 15 teams. Very interesting.