Vegas sets GT season wins over/under at 6

Deleted member 2897

Yea, this is stupid. In the last 20 years, we've only had 6 wins or fewer twice. So just going off of that statistic, this prediction has a 2 in 20 chance (10%) of being correct. Furthermore, if you just ignore history but look at personnel, schedule, etc., there is nothing there that would point you to 6 wins. We have 16 starters back, one of the highest numbers in the country, and anytime we are near that level we have won gobs of games. Sure, we could win 6 games, or 5, or 4. But in terms of predicting that, you'd be insane to start there. Based on our average wins and everything I pointed to above, predicting 6 wins is just a possible as predicting 11 wins. Sure, we could win 11 games, but you wouldn't start there and say this is the most likely outcome.

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
I'd take us at 8 wins. I'm trying to get my bookie to let me get in on this. Only way we don't covet is if we get hit with injuries like it's 2015.

Deleted member 2897

If JT was back we'd be at 8.5-9 easily

That's what the outsiders think, and its a completely flawed way to look at it, as we closer to the program well know.

In 2014, we had most of our offense returning, but a new Quarterback. 11 wins.

In 2016, we have FOUR quarterbacks whom the coach essentially said throw a blanket over. He could use any of them and be completely comfortable with it. Quarterback was the one position he was least worried about.

SidewalkJacket

Helluva Engineer
I've never placed a sports bet in my life. Wouldn't even know how. But this almost seems like an investment opportunity. I've got a $10k grad school tuition bill. How much should I bet to cover it??? Lol

melloace

Jolly Good Fellow
Don't see a us winning less than 7 unless something crazy happens. Too many teams in the coastal lost a lot more than us, and we had a lot of young guys get starts that should look a lot better in year 2 (Mills, Cooper, Braun, Lee).

Tech93

Helluva Engineer
Does anyone know if there is an online betting site where you can place a bet? I have never done before so not sure where to place a bet but I'm taking the over on this.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
6 defeats , ha! It will take 2 years to loose that many games.

Coach has fixed so many things.

This year we start fast and build from there.

Blumpkin Souffle

Bidly Biddington III
I've never placed a sports bet in my life. Wouldn't even know how. But this almost seems like an investment opportunity. I've got a $10k grad school tuition bill. How much should I bet to cover it??? Lol
Odds are currently -110, meaning you have to bet $110 for the chance to win $100. So to cover your tuition bill you'd need to bet $11k.

jacketup

Helluva Engineer
Paul Johnson hasn't had back to back winning seasons vs. FBS opponents since 2009 (counting bowl games). Based on history, I can see how bettors would set the line at 6 wins.