Vegas point spread

scotts

Jolly Good Fellow
I live in Florida and my paper shows us as 36.5 point underdogs. Over/under is 49.5. Which one is the better bet?

Techster

Helluva Engineer
I live in Florida and my paper shows us as 36.5 point underdogs. Over/under is 49.5. Which one is the better bet?

That over is mighty tempting...BUT the way Thacker's defense has been playing, I would be nervous. Against UNC, the spread was -21 GT, and O/U of 64.

If anything, I'd bet UGA not covering.

DISCLAIMER: I'm terrible at betting on games, and I don't really gamble. Take my advice with a pound of salt.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
What did UK do to keep it that close? Ball control or something on defense.
My thought is that Smart wants to take a comfortable lead by half and then run the clock. We need to move more guys into the box and tight coverage. Slowing the game down on offense is not a bad idea. Limit their possessions if possible. They sure don't want to get any starters hurt with some big games coming up.
They have the potential to make big plays and we gave up some last Saturday. If the refs allow blatant holding, we can forget it.

cpf2001

Ramblin' Wreck

The combination of our improved defense and uga not putting up many points against UK leads me to think we cover

I feel like it’s been a long time since we won against UGA when we only had a 10% chance so OBVIOUSLY we’re due.

But man, that 10% feels generous based on the past few years

ibeattetris

Helluva Engineer
What did UK do to keep it that close? Ball control or something on defense.
My thought is that Smart wants to take a comfortable lead by half and then run the clock. We need to move more guys into the box and tight coverage. Slowing the game down on offense is not a bad idea. Limit their possessions if possible. They sure don't want to get any starters hurt with some big games coming up.
They have the potential to make big plays and we gave up some last Saturday. If the refs allow blatant holding, we can forget it.
UGA had the ball three total times in the first half and was held to three field goals.

This was the second half
1669253059706.png

So UGA had the ball for 8 total possessions. The drive that was a turnover on downs was a goal line stand at the Kentucky one yard line.

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
I feel like it’s been a long time since we won against UGA when we only had a 10% chance so OBVIOUSLY we’re due.

But man, that 10% feels generous based on the past few years
I'd say a 10% chance of winning is extremely generous.