Vegas odds

stech81

Helluva Engineer
UGA does not have a good offense at all. They have a great defense. This is a team Very similar to ND as far as strengths go. Only they are better.

UGA will cover before half and easily beat us by 60. We will get 3 points this game because collins won't put up 2 eggs in a row.
They avg 40 points a game. wish our offense was that bad.

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
They avg 40 points a game. wish our offense was that bad.
I think the only reason the spread isn't 40+ is the calculation that they will play the scrubs in the second half in preparation for Alabama. I think they will, and Smart will try to ease up on us, but Ugag still covers.

slugboy

Staff member
I think the only reason the spread isn't 40+ is the calculation that they will play the scrubs in the second half in preparation for Alabama. I think they will, and Smart will try to ease up on us, but Ugag still covers.
Smart may play scrubs, but he will not try to ease up on us. If he can get a touchdown for the punter, he’ll do that.

Last week, he got a TD for a D-Lineman. I would not be surprised if he does something like that again.

GT_05

Helluva Engineer
UGA does not have a good offense at all. They have a great defense. This is a team Very similar to ND as far as strengths go. Only they are better.

UGA will cover before half and easily beat us by 60. We will get 3 points this game because collins won't put up 2 eggs in a row.
I wish that our offense was as good as their not good offense.

slugboy

Staff member

Sorry BuzzStone. It’s no fun to get piled on, but it looks like they have a top 5 offense by at least one measure. They get about 240 yards/game passing, but that’s only because they like to run.
There are aggregate stats that put them lower, but they’re the #7 scoring offense in the country. They’re probably “hampered” by having great field position.

4B0AA835-2169-4910-82FC-9F9D9ED76159.jpeg

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
Smart may play scrubs, but he will not try to ease up on us. If he can get a touchdown for the punter, he’ll do that.

Last week, he got a TD for a D-Lineman. I would not be surprised if he does something like that again.
I hope they don't run it up big but if they do, future Tech teams will have something to remember him by.

ibeattetris

Helluva Engineer
Sorry BuzzStone. It’s no fun to get piled on, but it looks like they have a top 5 offense by at least one measure. They get about 240 yards/game passing, but that’s only because they like to run.
There are aggregate stats that put them lower, but they’re the #7 scoring offense in the country. They’re probably “hampered” by having great field position.

View attachment 11662
And averaging 3.5 ppd (only behind Bama and Ohio state). Fourth is points per play.

Not sure I think I’d clarify their offense as “not good”.

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member

View attachment 11662
I was going to point out this exact metric while I was laughing at the thought that UGA has a 'not good' offense. Third in the country in Offensive efficiency.
If you want a more germain stat they are 7th nationally in scoring per game (Pitt is #3, UVA #22, ND is #25).
Much like last week their offense will score as much as it wants to.

We definitely have a better chance to score on them if Sims plays, but even that is no guarantee. Would likely have to be on a broken play as GT will not be able to drive the ball against that defense. Their DL is better than ND, which is just scary.

FTRS has its weekly advanced stats review, and they only looked at it until midway through the second qtr when ND started playing backups and it was basically scrub time. During that time ND was able to pressure the QB on 80% of passing plays and the OL allowed a 33% run stuff rate.

BuzzStone

Helluva Engineer
I get what you guys are saying, when you have what may be the best defense we have seen in a decade the rest of your game benefits from that.

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
if UGA wins by 38 pts or more the scoring margin deficit this season will be larger than it was last season.

ibeattetris

Helluva Engineer
They’re probably “hampered” by having great field position.
Took me a while to find it, but this is also correct. They face the fourth fewest yards to goal at 65 (median is in the 71 range).

They are also on the lower side of drives per game at 11.9 (rank 39). Total number of drives is a big factor in total yards.

stech81

Helluva Engineer
I don’t think the scrubs come in until they score 55+.
I could be wrong uga knows they will win easy, They don't want to get the starters hurt I look for them to get the starters out after it's 28-0. And one thing they don't want to beat us so bad that we run off their best coach CGC.

ibeattetris

Helluva Engineer
I get what you guys are saying, when you have what may be the best defense we have seen in a decade the rest of your game benefits from that.
The defense doesn’t determine the percentage of available yards and offense moves the ball (uga rank 5). It doesn’t affect yards per play (uga rank 3). It also doesn’t affect first down rate (uga rank 6) or turnover rate (uga rank 5).

Having a great defense will help any team, but uga doesn’t really have a weak spot offensively either right now.