Vegas Odds to Win the ACC

GT_05

Helluva Engineer
The oddsmakers are saying the Coastal is absolute garbage this year and that Georgia Tech should be at minimum 5-3 in the ACC.

I read one prediction that said GT may only win four games overall. We don’t get much love because we have been inconsistent. I know someone, a mutt fan, who bets pretty regularly on college football but says he has learned to never bet for or against GT.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Deleted member 2897

I read one prediction that said GT may only win four games overall. We don’t get much love because we have been inconsistent. I know someone, a mutt fan, who bets pretty regularly on college football but says he has learned to never bet for or against GT.

We have something like 1 single season winning fewer than 4 games...JUST IN THE ACC...in the last 10-12 years. So let them bet against us. They'll lose that bet 90% of the time.

tmhunter52

Helluva Engineer

That’s because you never know who is going to show up - good Tech or bad Tech.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
We have something like 1 single season winning fewer than 4 games...JUST IN THE ACC...in the last 10-12 years. So let them bet against us. They'll lose that bet 90% of the time.

the recent record against duke and uva are somewhat concerning when it comes to predicting the future - this year.

A good year in acc (5-3) would reverse the concern, however a bad year (3 -5) would start a some serious " rumbling".
Lets have a great year!

Deleted member 2897

the recent record against duke and uva are somewhat concerning when it comes to predicting the future - this year.

Yea, I mean go figure - we've had the number for teams like Florida State and Virginia Tech over the last several years, but not so with folks like Duke and Virginia. Even when we beat Virginia in 2016 we averaged something like < 2 ypc when you remove a big run we had.

Treb1982

Jolly Good Fellow
The oddsmakers are saying the Coastal is absolute garbage this year and that Georgia Tech should be at minimum 5-3 in the ACC.

Our cross-division games are brutal this year compared to everyone else. Depending on how good Louisville, Miami and VT are this year I could see us being anywhere from 2-6 to 6-2 in the ACC.

Miami: (FSU, @BC)
Duke: (@Clemson, Wake)
UNC: (@Syracuse, NC State)
Pitt: (Syracuse, @Wake Forrest)
UVA: (@NC.State, Louisville)
VT: (@FSU, BC)

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
If I was in Vegas I’d put a hundred down on those odds.

These odds have as more to do with attracting bets than predicting outcomes. Most of America thinks our O is a gimmick and see our inconsistency. The rest have noticed our overall hot garbage defense the last few years and kicking game now. Those perceptions affect betting.

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
I’ll lay my obligatory $100 on us at 60/1
Honestly, Tech against the spread had covered spot over the last few years. I did really well in 2014,16 and even last year. I think we were 7-3-1 last season.

GTJake

Helluva Engineer
Not sure what the love for VT is about ... didn't their returning QB leave the team or get dismissed for academic reasons and I saw that they dismissed another player from their defense today ??

smathis30

Ramblin' Wreck
Not sure what the love for VT is about ... didn't their returning QB leave the team or get dismissed for academic reasons and I saw that they dismissed another player from their defense today ??

25 straight bowl games and the most coastal titles of any team?
Odds will drop with the DB out, but divisional favorites are exponentially more likely to win the champ, and they have finished top 3 every year except for beamer's last few helps too. GT is in a similar position, but last year's record plays a role in that too. We were a few plays away from 8-3 but also a few plays from those close games being opened up the other way. Scoreboard won't change no matter how much you think what could have happened

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
Last is saw, the QB was cleared and is back on the team. Unless it’s changed again.

smathis30

Ramblin' Wreck
its at 40/1 on Sports Line
Clemson 1/2
Miami 3/1
FSU 6/1
VT 8/1
NCSU, GT, UL, Duke 40/1
Wake - 50/1
BC, Cuse, Pitt, 60/1
UNC - 300/1
UVA - 400/1

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer

A good year in acc (5-3) would reverse the concern, however a bad year (3 -5) would start a some serious " rumbling".
Lets have a great year!

We now consider 5 - 3 a good year?

Who will support that?

The problem with VT is that they lost 10 starters from the defense from last year. A recipe for disaster and especially for playing us.