Vegas line for Ole Miss game

AlabamaBuzz

Helluva Engineer
If our D holds them to less than 35, that will be success, in my opinion. I know they did not score that much against Troy, but it was the first game, and usually Troy has some talent on D. If we play clean on offense, and the OL holds up somewhat, I think we can score 17-21, so whether they cover or not will depend on our D most likely. I saw nothing in this week's game, except CT is still a beast, that would make me believe we will put up a lot of resistance.

I will say this. I believe Ole Miss has a better O than Clemson, at least with DJ U at QB for Clemson.

SteamWhistle

Helluva Engineer
I think we will see how legit our Offense is this game. Felt like we were purposely Vanilla against WCU. The fact we ran Double Slot (Flexbone) and Power I formation told me a lot. Think we will open it up and get back to Chip longs Bunch with two TEs and Twin TE Singleback looks against an Ole Miss front 7 with some Question Marks.

GTBlaze

Banned
The one calling our offense “vanilla” on purpose is in Lala land. I find that hard to believe that TECH would purposely run a “vanilla” offense just to hide things while barely surviving a FCS team

JacketFan137

Banned
The one calling our offense “vanilla” on purpose is in Lala land. I find that hard to believe that TECH would purposely run a “vanilla” offense just to hide things while barely surviving a FCS team
short week against a lesser opponent it wouldn’t surprise me if the game plan was a little vanilla. we also had a lot of players rotating in as i don’t think we’ve settled on starters at some position groups

still should have played way better though

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member

Barely surviving? It might not have been the result we desired, but it was a far cry from barely surviving. After the first quarter and a half of play the game was never in doubt.

slugboy

Staff member
\\\\\\\\\
For what it's worth, in the second half GT attempted 3 passes. We were in control against an inferior opponent and chose to run the ball. If that's not the definition of vanilla, I don't know what is.

Busch Beer GIF by Busch

And one pass was a "hmmm, can we complete a long, long bomb?" experiment.
For what it's worth, I don't agree with our second-half offensive strategy, or at least the results. If you're RUNning the clock, you need to get first downs. We didn't. We also had facets of the passing game to work on, and we didn't.
I did like a lot of the plays we did run in the second half, but the offense didn't give the defense the breather that they deserved.

GTBlaze

Banned
I hope yall are right with the "Vanilla" thing. I know that if I was figting dear life for my job, I would not be experimenting with running vanilla plays and experiments.

there was a time when I thought the game was done where the other team made either a sack or something (I don't remember) and how excited their coaches got on the sideline because they truly thought they had a chance to win that game. This was when I thought the game was in the bag but that team clearly saw an opportunity to win this game - That's the crap that scares me with GT

Last edited:

Thwg777

Jolly Good Fellow
I'd argue this is a must-win for continuity of coaching past week 6. Sure there are nine games after this one but we have to get past the '1' game winning streak hurdle to gain any semblance of confidence before a couple tough road games.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
I got to see replay.
Sims seemed to be back to the old Sims. Not a game to get out of bottom half of acc qbs. This game any other acc qb would gave been about equal.
We are all in with Sims.

Sean311

Helluva Engineer
Definitely think this will be our best game Saturday. Crowd will actually show up for this one too. Should be a good game. We need to play well all 4 quarters and we should get the W.