Vandy

OMG. I had no idea that Vandy had slipped into the typical SEC school mentality. SAD !!!
I got laughs from a lot of what he said, but this one blew me away ---

"Paul Johnson, who has carved out a career as a successful football coach by sticking to the principles and virtues of a terrible high school team. His patented flexbone option ensures the ball will be pitched six times to increasingly slower players before some tight-end looking rando wearing a running back’s number blasts through a confused linebacker for a first down."

SHEESH !!!

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
Some good comments too

Hey don't underestimate cars named "Yellow Jacket"
I mean, the only other "Yellow Jacket" car I can think of threw hundreds of molotov cocktails at me while saying YEEEEEEEEEAH.

He also was the father of a crazy serial killer who drove an ice cream truck with a flaming head on it. But that’s neither here nor there.

ATL1

Helluva Engineer
"Paul Johnson, who has carved out a career as a successful football coach by sticking to the principles and virtues of a terrible high school team. His patented flexbone option ensures the ball will be pitched six times to increasingly slower players before some tight-end looking rando wearing a running back’s number blasts through a confused linebacker for a first down."

Sorry that's gold

GTJason

Helluva Engineer
I certainly don't want to count prehatched chickens but all of this talk saying Vandy will have a similar defense to BC is crazy. They're allowing 401.5 yards/game. I understand they are playing a lot of uptempo teams and those teams are getting a lot of plays off to get those yards, but the teams that they've played are USCe and MTSU. Not really the most high powered offenses in the nation. Their running back is good, he's their entire offense. Their QB has less yards than JT and JT has only played 3 halves of football. All of this to say we know nothing because we're 2 games into the season, but I'm not concerned about their defense

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
I certainly don't want to count prehatched chickens but all of this talk saying Vandy will have a similar defense to BC is crazy. They're allowing 401.5 yards/game. I understand they are playing a lot of uptempo teams and those teams are getting a lot of plays off to get those yards, but the teams that they've played are USCe and MTSU. Not really the most high powered offenses in the nation. Their running back is good, he's their entire offense. Their QB has less yards than JT and JT has only played 3 halves of football. All of this to say we know nothing because we're 2 games into the season, but I'm not concerned about their defense

They're also allowing 108.5 yds/game rushing. Still, Miss State was stouter on D vs SCar, but Vandy's yds/play numbers are still pretty decent.

gtg936g

Helluva Engineer
There isn't a coach in college football that gets more in their opponents head than CPJ. Just listen to how many times Mason was asked about the triple option. Then he states his D will have to be multiple to give us different looks. He is already planning on CPJ finding a weakness in any particular alignment. Oh yeah Justin Thomas is a really good football player so we have to watch him too. LOL. We run option plays 50% of the time, and the other coaches probably spend 70% of their time wondering if the previous play was an option play.

I think folks spend all their time practicing the triple, only to get burned on a QB draw. Our simple pass and run plays burn a defense, our TO gets all the spotlight.

I am ready for Saturday.

King2b

Jolly Good Fellow
There isn't a coach in college football that gets more in their opponents head than CPJ. Just listen to how many times Mason was asked about the triple option. Then he states his D will have to be multiple to give us different looks. He is already planning on CPJ finding a weakness in any particular alignment. Oh yeah Justin Thomas is a really good football player so we have to watch him too. LOL. We run option plays 50% of the time, and the other coaches probably spend 70% of their time wondering if the previous play was an option play.

I think folks spend all their time practicing the triple, only to get burned on a QB draw. Our simple pass and run plays burn a defense, our TO gets all the spotlight.

I am ready for Saturday.

Amazing how much prep and focus goes into defending a high school offense with mostly 2* and 3* recruits. *sarcasm off*