Vad wasn`t on top of his game

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
huh? Vad played very well. He wasn't at the top of his game per say but he played really good overall. Made some great throws.

I will watch film again and look at the reads...first reaction was he did well for first road start.

gtpkt

Jolly Good Fellow
i should add that i am proud of our defense for adjusting and only allowing 14 points. but connette bailed us out some

Sean311

Helluva Engineer
I hope your being sarcastic because he balled out today and made some perfect throws..oh also he threw more touchdowns than any other QB in the CPJ era.

gt13

Ramblin' Wreck
Vad got the job done, his INT was a great effort by one of the ACC's top CBs and was just a tad overthrown. I think our defense's ability to adjust should be noted. That means CTR knew what he was doing.

OldJacketFan

Helluva Engineer
At least 3 drops, one by Bostic, one by Smelter and, I think you could call it one, on Godhigh. All of a sudden a 50% completion rate jumps to a 68% completion rate. He ran the offense very well and his poise is undeniable. What more do you want from your QB? Sheesh

OldJacketFan

Helluva Engineer
Why do some Tech fans always have to find something to gripe about? A RS sophomore making his 1st road start in a conference game? I though he performed very, very well!

Longestday

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
The team played a little rusty from the bye, but overall a very good game.

We have one WR that just does not go to the ball. If the ball is not thrown to his hands he seems to say "oh well, not on me". Not that he could have caught the ball but at least give 100% to try and go for it (like the DB that dove for the ball)!

ATL1

Helluva Engineer
As Vad develops look for 20+ pass attempts. There was a lot of drops ..
I can forsee 300 yard passing games from him.

collegeballfan

Helluva Engineer
Agree that it is hard to be negative when you get a win on the road in the conference.

First impression, Lee was jacked up big time, settled down and is the real deal.

First impression, OL struggled on the BBack dive plays.

Godhigh was a Two Star RB per Scout.com coming out of high school? Lesson learned? Don't ***** about the number of stars.

GTonTop88

Helluva Engineer
Agree that it is hard to be negative when you get a win on the road in the conference.

First impression, Lee was jacked up big time, settled down and is the real deal.

First impression, OL struggled on the BBack dive plays.

Godhigh was a Two Star RB per Scout.com coming out of high school? Lesson learned? Don't ***** about the number of stars.
Godhigh is highly underrated, could be the best playmaker on the team. It seems when we need a play he's always the one to make it. The stars don't mean nothing if u don't have heart

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
VL started 1/7 - 24 yds, 1TD and and int.

Then went 7/9 with 2 TDs.

Yes receivers dropped some passes, but they always do.

OldJacketFan

Helluva Engineer
CPJ commented about the lack of sync in his post game. He specifically stated he felt the he really did a poor job of play calling, he also talked about the missed opportunities. My feeling is that most of it was a bit of rust due to the bye week and they will come out much sharper next week.

Jerry the Jacket

Helluva Engineer
I agree CPJ really made some bad calls in key situations. He just did not call a good game. If he had we would have scored 70 or more again. I think he needs to get use to having a QB that can make plays on every down. He really dumbed down some of the play calling. Our A backs other than Godhigh did not run the ball or block all that well but I think some of that had to do with the plays that were called.

Not bitchin too much. We got the win and that is all that really counts.

Go Jackets!

gtdrew

Banned
It looked a lot of the time like Tech seemed really underwhelmed by the atmosphere, too. They looked out of sorts and still smoked Duke. This was a one score game last year, if I remember right.