Vad Lee Update

Mitch Matthews

Georgia Tech Fan
He put something on Instagram about how is whole family is better now... I took that as a slap in the face and him basically saying "screw y'all"

Techster

Helluva Engineer
He put something on Instagram about how is whole family is better now... I took that as a slap in the face and him basically saying "screw y'all"

It wasn't a secret he wasn't happy here for the last year+. I don't have any kids, but there's a saying about being a parent: You're only as happy as your unhappiest kid.

I wouldn't take it personally...we don't know the whole story. He's running an offense he wants to be in, and from what GT fans keep saying, JT is "a better fit" for us anyways.

ATL1

Helluva Engineer
Sounds good;
"completed 11 of 18 passes for 149 yards and rushed for 69 yards on six carries, accounting for three touchdowns"

GTJackets

Ramblin' Wreck
I hope Vad has a great career and all of that but I really hope we can move on and focus on our team in 2014...not what could have or should have been, etc.

And by "we" you of course mean the team. You know that's too much to expect from some fonts on this board. Some already have their shortcuts set up for JMU message boards so they can keep us updated.

potatohead

Ramblin' Wreck
And by "we" you of course mean the team. You know that's too much to expect from some fonts on this board. Some already have their shortcuts set up for JMU message boards so they can keep us updated.
Do you wear white armor when you go out day to day ?

And no, what Eric says isn't what the team says.

Vad lee did what he did for vad lee. I'm sure he "prayed" about it, but his decision was strictly about him and what he wanted.

He signed off after the duke game; his words. The duke game, refer to your schedules if that confuses you.

He was a #pretender

thwgjacket

Vad lee did what he did for vad lee. I'm sure he "prayed" about it, but his decision was strictly about him and what he wanted.

He signed off after the duke game; his words. The duke game, refer to your schedules if that confuses you.

He was a #pretender
Did he really say he signed off after the Duke game? Is there a link for that? Because if he did then to hell with him. I got the feeling he signed off later when JT started to play more. Seemed like he complained when he wasn't playing over TW and the complained when JT got snaps. IMO dude couldn't handle competition.

00Burdell

Helluva Engineer
I hope Vad has a great career and all of that but I really hope we can move on and focus on our team in 2014...not what could have or should have been, etc.

I'm with you but we both know that the team can make us forget or they can make us remember. Hopefully, it will be a non-issue but I'm sure there will be at least one Saturday this Fall where it will be anything but a non-issue.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
I don't think there's anything wrong with a kid following his dreams...I know some people on here don't want to hear it, but there's more to life than sucking it up for the team when you're not happy. Vad represented us well when he was here and didn't throw anyone on under the bus on the way out. He's finding success at another school and GT has a QB who most on here consider "a better fit".

The first sentence in the OP said "for those interested"...if you're not interested move on. There's still some GT fans that are interested in what a former SA of ours is doing. Hoping someone does well at another (a school that doesn't play GT BTW) doesn't mean some fans still aren't GT fans. It's not all or nothing.

daBuzz

Ramblin' Wreck

He was a #pretender

Sorry, I can't let that stand. That's a lie.

He said that he had second thoughts about the future of the offense. He DID NOT say that he signed off after that game. And if he had said that, then Paul Johnson is the monumentally stupidest coach of all time if he continued to give him 95% of the snaps, knowing his QB had "signed off".

The kid has moved on. But he also gave us his best effort on the field. At the end of the season, he considered his future (I know...how DARE he consider what's best for him? I know right?) and decided to move on. He has said nothing but good things about GT, as far as I'm aware. However, if I were him and I read words like yours on a message board somewhere, it would make me want to reconsider that decision.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
Sorry, I can't let that stand. That's a lie.

He said that he had second thoughts about the future of the offense. He DID NOT say that he signed off after that game. And if he had said that, then Paul Johnson is the monumentally stupidest coach of all time if he continued to give him 95% of the snaps, knowing his QB had "signed off".

The kid has moved on. But he also gave us his best effort on the field. At the end of the season, he considered his future (I know...how DARE he consider what's best for him? I know right?) and decided to move on. He has said nothing but good things about GT, as far as I'm aware. However, if I were him and I read words like yours on a message board somewhere, it would make me want to reconsider that decision.
I kinda lean towards your take on this. The only difference in my thinking is I don't think he was fully committed. I'm sure he wanted to win as bad as anybody and gave his all, but I think he wanted to do it his way, not the way he was being shown by the coaches. Or maybe he wanted to do it the coach's way, but just couldn't. When the sh*t hit the fan, he reverted on instinct to what he did in highschool and not what he was supposed to do in the offense. It didn't work.

I also think he wasn't nearly the same runner he was in '13 as he was in '12. Now, did he become a worse runner, or did he not want to take the same chances running the football? He didn't become a worse runner.

daBuzz

Ramblin' Wreck
I kinda lean towards your take on this. The only difference in my thinking is I don't think he was fully committed. I'm sure he wanted to win as bad as anybody and gave his all, but I think he wanted to do it his way, not the way he was being shown by the coaches. Or maybe he wanted to do it the coach's way, but just couldn't. When the sh*t hit the fan, he reverted on instinct to what he did in highschool and not what he was supposed to do in the offense. It didn't work.

I also think he wasn't nearly the same runner he was in '13 as he was in '12. Now, did he become a worse runner, or did he not want to take the same chances running the football? He didn't become a worse runner.

Yeah, I agree with your assessment. I have no idea if he was fully committed deep down or if he was just literally gun shy from taking so many shots.
In the end though, I just think it does no good to bad mouth the young man. Thank him for his effort with us; wish him well with his new team, and everyone move on.