Vad Lee leads Jackets

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
http://www.wralsportsfan.com/new-player-ejection-rule-will-be-controversial/12699195/

Here is the article...With CPJ giving Vad some high praise.

Georgia Tech coach Paul Johnson said former Durham Hillside High star Vad Lee has as much or more potential as any quarterback he’s had.
“Tremendous kid, tremendous potential,” Johnson said.
A red-shirt freshman in 2012, the 6-foot-2, 215-pound speedster was consistently outstanding as a reserve.
Lee finished with 544 yards rushing (5.7 yards per carry) and nine touchdowns (second best on the team). As a passer, he was 27-of-56 for 596 yards, four TD throws, three interceptions.

“He can be a very, very special player,” Johnson said. “If I had a son, I’d want him to be like Vad. He’s got impeccable character.”
Interestingly, Johnson said his biggest area of concern on offense, defensive or special teams is at wide out.
The Jackets don’t pass frequently but when they do, the result is often an explosion play.

In 2012, Tech averaged almost 18 yards per catch, compared to 10.5 yards for Duke, 13.1 for Clemson and 12.9 for Florida State.
“We’ve got some talent, but we still don’t know how the young guys will react to game-like situations. It’s tougher to make catches in games than practice,” Johnson said.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
Catching at wide receiver has been an issue. However, our A-backs have done a pretty decent job as slot receivers. They were fairly productive last year. I look for this group to "blow up" this year.

gt13

Ramblin' Wreck
Vad really is a good guy. I'm currently a student at GT and whenever I see Vad on campus he's doing something positive. Before the Spring game he was the "guest Tweeter" for the @GTStudents Twitter account and he was going around the dining hall talking to all the students and asking if they were going to the Spring game and taking pictures with them and Tweeting them. When he goes to basketball games he sits in the student section and gets excited when he's on the Jumbotron just like the rest of us. I can't say enough about how proud he makes me to be a Yellow Jacket. Even if we go 0-12 this fall he's going to be a winner in my eyes.

For what it's worth, the new ejection rule from that article seems like it will be a major game changer. It's almost like a red card for college football. It's going to be very interesting to see how this rule affects games this fall. I just hope our hard-hitting CBs (Jemea, Lou) are mindful of it.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
That quote about having a son is the same thing Jackson said. I wonder if there's a misapprobation there.