Vad Lee - James Madison University

bat_082994

Ramblin' Wreck
Vad interviewed on 790 this morning. Not much added that we didn't already know.

He tiptoed around saying he and CPJ didn't have the greatest of relationships. Basically said STTE, "On good teams the coach and QB have a great relationship and are on the same page, etc." The host pounced on that and asked if he and CPJ had a great relationship. Vad basically said it was good not great.

They tried to press him on what he was told the offense would be changed to. He said he knew he had to get the run game down first and that he felt he had done that. He went on to say what we saw from the team offensively in the UGA game was what he expected us to evolve into. That's really the only part I hadn't heard before.

Like I said, not much we didn't already know.
Was he watching the same games we were?

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
I don't like how the interview came across.
Matter of fact this is damaging.

Only for people who want it to come across that way. We didn't learn anything we didn't already know really. Don't use this as a vehicle to re-meltdown.

Boomergump

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
It shows that Vad's head and heart were not in the game.
That is the biggest take for me. He needs to leave for that reason alone. Kudos to him for recognizing it and not hanging around and becoming a cancer. GT football is not for everybody.

augustabuzz

Helluva Engineer
Irony of ironies, the name of JMU is the Dukes. Wouldn't it be poetic justice if he transfers to Duke after one yr?
Unless he graduates this year or is granted relief due to family needs, he would have to sit out when not moving down in classification. At least that is my understanding.

Animal02

Banned
Unless he graduates this year or is granted relief due to family needs, he would have to sit out when not moving down in classification. At least that is my understanding.

Others have mentioned the possibility of moving down this year, and then moving back up the following year........don't know if that is a possible or not.

Mack

Helluva Engineer
Good Luck Vad ! still think you will be a good qb for somebody but it was certain the reads in the options at Tech were not your cup of tea.You stayed classy till the last and did not beat on the program.Good luck.

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
You know, every time this season fans or media would start in on Vad, Coach would stand up for him. Strongly.

I'm a bit off Vad now for saying that their relationship was "good, not great". I don't care what your actual opinion of the relationship was. If the coach is standing up for you every chance he gets, then you don't equivocate about the relationship: it was great. Period. I don't want to say he sounds ungrateful, but he sounds ungrateful.

GT Man

Ramblin' Wreck
You know, every time this season fans or media would start in on Vad, Coach would stand up for him. Strongly.

I'm a bit off Vad now for saying that their relationship was "good, not great". I don't care what your actual opinion of the relationship was. If the coach is standing up for you every chance he gets, then you don't equivocate about the relationship: it was great. Period. I don't want to say he sounds ungrateful, but he sounds ungrateful.
agree.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member

Agree. I'm more miffed at the interviewers for leading the interview the way they were. It was clear what their intentions were and all the passive aggressive tiptoeing around it was kinda unprofessional to me.

"We're just trying to figure out why the most celebrated recruit in Tech history would want to leave?" Really? So much wrong with that statement.

I guess what I'm trying to say is, yeah Vad didn't have to go there, but I don't think he really intended to. And I think he was badgered several times and ended up giving them the crumb they wanted.

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
Agree. I'm more miffed at the interviewers for leading the interview the way they were. It was clear what their intentions were and all the passive aggressive tiptoeing around it was kinda unprofessional to me.

"We're just trying to figure out why the most celebrated recruit in Tech history would want to leave?" Really? So much wrong with that statement.

I guess what I'm trying to say is, yeah Vad didn't have to go there, but I don't think he really intended to. And I think he was badgered several times and ended up giving them the crumb they wanted.
Yeah, you're right and I'm being a bit unfair to Vad. He was a youngster in a tight spot and he was probably led into his responses by the interviewers.

I always liked him and felt that he transferred too early. He could have become the QB we saw at Ugag (without the interception, of course) at every game. Too bad.