Va Tech

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
Va Tech has already cancelled today's game against Bryant. This is a clear sign they fear their trip to Atlanta (tic)... can't be distracted with this Wed game before meeting a hungry Yellow Jacket squad. They scared! :)

dawgbasher

Jolly Good Fellow
Fred, your optimism is unbridled, no matter how dire the situation appears to be. Wish I was that optimistic, but what I see is what I see. Program needs to be flushed and started over. Just look at what Clemson and Auburn have done in a short time. Hell, I remember when UVA and Vandy were doormats in baseball. Look at them now. Anyway, I applaud your optimism and positive outlook. Maybe Tech will reward your optimism this weekend by winning the series. If they don't win the series this weekend, all four wheels might come off at the same time.

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
Fred, your optimism is unbridled, no matter how dire the situation appears to be. Wish I was that optimistic, but what I see is what I see. Program needs to be flushed and started over. Just look at what Clemson and Auburn have done in a short time. Hell, I remember when UVA and Vandy were doormats in baseball. Look at them now. Anyway, I applaud your optimism and positive outlook. Maybe Tech will reward your optimism this weekend by winning the series. If they don't win the series this weekend, all four wheels might come off at the same time.
Thank you... I think. I can compartmentalize (or I try so very hard) the issues and consider them separate. I cannot control what the Admin/GTAA folks do regarding when/if to hire/fire new folks. I can control how I dig for and find positive progress...sometimes I cheat and make that a moving target for my own sanity.

Don't confuse what you call optimism with a lack of frustration. I hate watching these guys struggle. ...but I cannot return them like defective appliance... or take them to some repair shop for a quick fix. They play this weekend. I will follow it. I will be thrilled if they win... especially thrilled if they win and perform well to boot. If they play poorly and/or lose... I agree with you... it really set up for a pretty long spring. Perhaps a spring that will test my limits as a matter of fact.

Deleted member 2897

On another sad side note, Chase Murray went 0-5 last night. He was 0-4 in the 3rd Clemson game. He is 1 for his last 13. His average is still a gaudy 0.400, but I believe he was somewhere around 0.550+ just 3 games ago.

GT_EE78

Banned
Did you guys notice the number of JC transfers who played for Clemson and Auburn? A lot of them. We can't take JCs as a rule. We are just fans of a sports program that the school doesn't support. Only at GT.
Why can't we accept JC's. Can't they transfer without sitting out a year? does this apply to basketball?

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
Why can't we accept JC's. Can't they transfer without sitting out a year? does this apply to basketball?
Academics. They must have taken the prerequisites to come into GT. It is often the case the they simply have not taken the correct courses to qualify at GT.

Deleted member 2897

Va Tech is 0-3 on road so far this year. In ACC play last season, they were 1-14 away from home in conference games. Their single W came in their 1st ACC road series @ Duke. Followed by 4 ACC road sweeps at: Pitt, Clem, NC St, Miami.

For some reason instead of becoming overwhelmingly optimistic for this weekend, I now have a sudden feeling of jinx anxiety.

RoosterJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools...o_pdf/2017-18/release/release_20180315aaa.pdf
Fri - Curry
Sat - Thomas
Sun - Hurter

Va Tech's Friday starter has started 4 games. His numbers are solid. Low ERA. Goes deep into games. Has had very little run support or he'd have a better record. Throws mostly strikes.
Kinda surprising he is going with Hurter on Sunday. Just needs to stay away from the walks and HBPs. CDH needs to have someone ready to go though if he struggles with control on the first 2-3 hitters.

It’s kind of a catch-22 starting a freshman who has struggled. You want him to get some experience and chances to improve but you also don’t want to crush his confidence. I am not sure any of our upperclassmen pitchers have much confidence after the way CDH has handled the staff over the last few years.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Kinda surprising he is going with Hurter on Sunday. Just needs to stay away from the walks and HBPs. CDH needs to have someone ready to go though if he struggles with control on the first 2-3 hitters.

It’s kind of a catch-22 starting a freshman who has struggled. You want him to get some experience and chances to improve but you also don’t want to crush his confidence. I am not sure any of our upperclassmen pitchers have much confidence after the way CDH has handled the staff over the last few years.

Hurter can't have any confidence unless he is oblivious. Hall must be playing for experience next year and throwing the Sunday game.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Bizarre, I can get the game on ACCNetwork Extra on my computer but not via Sling.

VT got lead-off HR off Curry after about 10 pitches. Down 0-1 with no outs. Oh well, we may need more than 5 to win.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Bart with a 2 run HR. Up 2-0 with one out in the game. The wind is carrying the ball big time. It's going to be a high scoring game.

Curry ok - 13 strikes on 20 pitches with 2 K and 0 W/HBP.