Va Tech (Thurs,Fri,Sat...or not?)

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
Looking a little ahead to Va Tech series. This could impact decisions tonight (v Auburn). The weather forecast for the eastern side of US is pretty awful for Friday right now (scheduled Game 2 - CT's typical start) and not great for Saturday (scheduled Game 3 - Hurter's typical start). Friday really does look impossible with near 100% chance rain/t-storms forecast all day. Without any inside knowledge on factors that would impact schedule adjustments to get all 3 games in... I'd like to think they will attempt to get 2 games in on Thursday and "hope" Saturday's weather is good enough to get the finale in. I do not know if Sunday (Easter) is an option or not; but right now.. Sunday looks pretty good.

I assume the team travels to Blacksburg on Wed... meaning a Thursday DH should be doable.

Regardless... I would really hope CDH starts CT on Thursday (DH or not). Just have your best pitcher play the most guaranteed game... don't risk a stop/start thing in future games (Fri or Sat). Would suck to waste a CT ACC start that way.

Deleted member 2897

Looking a little ahead to Va Tech series. This could impact decisions tonight (v Auburn). The weather forecast for the eastern side of US is pretty awful for Friday right now (scheduled Game 2 - CT's typical start) and not great for Saturday (scheduled Game 3 - Hurter's typical start). Friday really does look impossible with near 100% chance rain/t-storms forecast all day. Without any inside knowledge on factors that would impact schedule adjustments to get all 3 games in... I'd like to think they will attempt to get 2 games in on Thursday and "hope" Saturday's weather is good enough to get the finale in. I do not know if Sunday (Easter) is an option or not; but right now.. Sunday looks pretty good.

I assume the team travels to Blacksburg on Wed... meaning a Thursday DH should be doable.

Regardless... I would really hope CDH starts CT on Thursday (DH or not). Just have your best pitcher play the most guaranteed game... don't risk a stop/start thing in future games (Fri or Sat). Would suck to waste a CT ACC start that way.

Yea, if they do a double header Thursday, then they could play a wait and see game time on Saturday I would think. Would also be important to get up early in case we get a 5+ inning called game due to weather.