UVA

UgagSucks

Jolly Good Fellow
I'm happy for the program to get a big win like this. I hope we can take the momentum now and reel off more wins!

GTJason

Helluva Engineer
Ugh those refs... Could have been a 20 point win without the bogus "let's help our ranked team out" calls. The announcers even spoke to the disparity in trips to the FT line we've had in the last 3 games. I know its nothing new.

One thing I saw today is our cheerleaders need to learn when to cheer. Leading YELLOW.... JACKETS cheer when we have the ball on a critical possession is ridiculous. I know there were a lot of UVA fans there today but our own fans need to be silent.

The guys all played well, they deserved to win. Doesn't always work out when we deserve to win but it did today

McCamish Maniacs

Helluva Engineer
One thing I saw today is our cheerleaders need to learn when to cheer. Leading YELLOW.... JACKETS cheer when we have the ball on a critical possession is ridiculous. I know there were a lot of UVA fans there today but our own fans need to be silent.

I think most schools do that. Think they probably figure a chant is a lot different than just screaming to be loud (like on defense)

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
Ugh those refs... Could have been a 20 point win without the bogus "let's help our ranked team out" calls. The announcers even spoke to the disparity in trips to the FT line we've had in the last 3 games. I know its nothing new.

The guys all played well, they deserved to win. Doesn't always work out when we deserve to win but it did today

Only thing I noticed with them is that we have really hot cheerleaders

ChasonBaller

on Pastner Polo watch
what a great win!! After the game I went to the Hawks game and during the halftime interview Duane Ferrell said to Mike Scott(UVA Alum) "good 1st half, and btw did you see that GT game" with a huge smile on his face. Scott replied "bye " and stormed off. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Wish I could have seen this one.
CBG had interesting comments after the game. Said he told Q on Thursday he would start. And that he needed to shoot like he meant it.
Nice to see Jacobs finally play like i think he can offensively. CBG also mentioned we will see this lineup when he thinks it creates favorable matchups for GT against its opponents. So it will be interesting to see how it comes out against ND. CBG also complimented MGH on his defense on Brogdon. Feels like he is starting to react to what he has seen at the PG position this year.

This is such a different offensive team this season. GT's highest AdjO under Gregory was 181. Right now it is at 44 on Kenpom. The defense had been the bigger issue this year though yesterday's game at least got it into the top 100 adjD on Kenpom. Smith opens up so much and not only does that help the bigs, it also helps MGH and Q. Gregory said Q and Tadric haven't been getting enough time recently to do much and they need to find a way to get them more.

GT's RPI right now is 41, that is very much on the bubble. Without that horrible ET ST loss this team is likely well inside the bubble right now. Let's see if this team can build off this or if its just a shooting star of a game.

Fatmike91

Helluva Engineer
GT's RPI right now is 41, that is very much on the bubble. Without that horrible ET ST loss this team is likely well inside the bubble right now. Let's see if this team can build off this or if its just a shooting star of a game.

This game balances the ledger with a "good win". We need to win enough games to make the dance, there is no room for another "bad loss" and along the way we'll probably need another "good win" in order to get there. It will take care of itself.

/

alagold

Helluva Engineer
If Tadric came alive also,we might really be on to something.Not good really but DANGEROUS. --Teams that can't hit FTs at end don't win many close games.

Play the best five. I don't mind seeing a short bench. This is not youth or rec league or even HS, it is big boy basketball. The kids that may have played in the past aren't guaranteed anything. Tech doesn't have ACC guards, kind of reminds me when Brian Oliver had to play point for Bobby. He wasn't best suited for the position, but he made due until Kenny arrived. Gregory is playing for his job right now and expect he will pull out all the stops to keep it.

Tech First

Jolly Good Fellow
So do you think this lineup would work against ND? (I know very little about bball, seeking to learn and would like to hear opinions).
I don't know that much about basketball either. It looked to me like we had a taller group and it worked pretty good against UVA I don't know how it would work against ND and others.

Connell62

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
If Tadric came alive also,we might really be on to something.

Maybe just my observation, but I think that Tadric plays better when he is able to play extended minutes. You can probably say this about most players, but once he gets into the flow of the game, he just seems to be a different player.

Hopefully BG is able to find him a few more minutes. Don't want to beat our PG's up too bad, but if they're not producing, we need to give someone else an opportunity.

Agree with you 100% though.. If he breaks out, this team could mean serious business.

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
Maybe just my observation, but I think that Tadric plays better when he is able to play extended minutes. You can probably say this about most players, but once he gets into the flow of the game, he just seems to be a different player.

Hopefully BG is able to find him a few more minutes. Don't want to beat our PG's up too bad, but if they're not producing, we need to give someone else an opportunity.

Agree with you 100% though.. If he breaks out, this team could mean serious business.

His athleticism is off the charts he just needs to make better decisions. If Marcus is going to run the show for us (I hope so) he may be able to put Jax in a better position to succeed