UVA @ GT, 7pm ET, ACCNX

first&ten

Ramblin' Wreck
When Tech has to win a game usually Devoe has a terrible game, that's the way it has been for him, but Pastner just can't leave him onthe bench.

Deleted member 2897

When Tech has to win a game usually Devoe has a terrible game, that's the way it has been for him, but Pastner just can't leave him onthe bench.

Well we lost last night and he didn’t shoot well. But we’ve lost some other games where he scored 14, 17, 21, and 24 points. So that blanket statement doesn’t seem to be true to me

GT_EE78

Banned
another missed opportunity.
away at Clemson and Va Tech are probably must wins to have a shot at dancing.
Can't lose may others along the way either

Connell62

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
i agree with this for the most part. we cant have mike regularly producing so few points, but an occasional off shooting night does not need to mean an automatic L for gt. my argument was that if mike occasionally has an off night, we can still win, but to do so we cannot have other scoring leaders have an off night at the same time. last night the *combination* of only 10 points from mike and moses was killer, not just mike having a bad night.
I don't disagree, we can beat BC or Wake Forest with Mike having an off game. In fact, I think that we have already done that a couple of times this year.

I'm just a believer that your big-time players step in the big-time games. Mike had two lemons against UVA - arguably our biggest games.

That statement applies to both he and Moses, but in Moses defense, he had a really tough match-up. I think that he was trying to be aggressive, but the refs were letting Huff play physical.

Either way, if we are going to be a tournament team, Jose, Mike, and Moses are the ones that are going to take us there. We need them when the stakes are highest, that's all I'm saying.

On to Clemson we go...

GT05

Jolly Good Fellow
We can’t live and die with 3’s. Frustrating that we couldn’t hit open shots and drive the lane more. On to Clemson. Need that one-

GT05

Jolly Good Fellow
The key to uva winning was of course good D and the little point guard finding his shot. He was too open on more than half his points made. We are headed in the right direction. Keep the faith

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
The key to uva winning was of course good D and the little point guard finding his shot. He was too open on more than half his points made. We are headed in the right direction. Keep the faith
The gameplan was fine. I'm fine letting Kihei beat us but would have shook my head if Pastner let Hauser and Huff beat us by themselves. Unfortunately he pulled it off. The strategy of letting him shoot jumpers worked spectacularly in the first half. We would have won if he had continued bricking but it didn't work out that way unfortunately. I think most UVa fans would tell you his performance the other day was well out of the norm.