USF was My Fault

Jacket in Dairyland

Helluva Engineer
Last week, I was traveling and on Saturday could not have my coffee in my lucky GT coffee cup, as I often did in 2014. So, clearly, the loss to USF was my fault. Sorry, folks!

I promise tomorrow I will make sure I have my morning coffee in my lucky GT cup. We will win now. I guarantee it!
Now I can win !! It's a LOCK !!;)

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
This is something that I think is a GT fan thing. My wife cannot understand how I can "not watch" the game, but if things go better when I am not watching, I am not watching.....bottom line.....

I believe it is because engineers tend to be control freaks, and we believe for some reason, something we do actually changes the fate of the game. It is so ridiculous, I know, but I cannot help myself.
That's why we even yell, like the players or coaches can hear us, at the TV if watching the game on the TV even though the action actually happened seconds before hand. Heck sometimes even a minute or more beforehand!

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
So you're saying that we did not take the coaching very well? Are you putting us down? [emoji41]
He's right...I've got to focus on using my GT coffee mug....focus...focus......

I think it's called assignment rooting.....

We ALL have our roles to play...all I can do is my role....someone else is responsible for wearing the GT shirt....if I try to do their role, it will screw us both up...

jwsavhGT

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
He's right...I've got to focus on using my GT coffee mug....focus...focus......

I think it's called assignment rooting.....

We ALL have our roles to play...all I can do is my role....someone else is responsible for wearing the GT shirt....if I try to do their role, it will screw us both up...
I've got the gold shirt covered.

Technut1990

Ramblin' Wreck
I’ll take it. My TV in the living room went out and I had to watch the game sitting in my bedroom. Totally different atmosphere in the bedroom than the living room. Like drinking beer out of a wine glass, it just doesn’t feel right !