USF Postgame Discussion

MacJacket

Helluva Engineer
Uga might put up over a bill on us. The talent differential will be on full display. They are blowing the doors off a good USC team

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agree - Mitchell played awful today
Tre should have been in the game. Just curious on what your thoughts are about the program right now. There has to be some changes made and I think it starts at who's running the program. Johnson has to be warned that we can't continue to look and play like this.

Buzz*The*Plumber

Jolly Good Fellow
Don't have much to say other than that I expect us to be a much better football team than we are. Special teams play is absolutely inexcusable. Our off-season preparation was not time well spent, on anything.

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
To be honest, this loss doesn’t bother me. And that is why I’m concerned that this is CPJ’s last year. My personal feeling is on level with Gailey’s last season, where I lost interest in watching games.
Same. Next weeks game will though lol

We were *** the opening games in 2014 and then won the division.

GT_05

Helluva Engineer
We don't have athletes. As I've said before real athletes dont come to tech. Unless its Calvin johnson by fluke. Real athletes go to schools to become more athletic and be a 1st round pick. We haven't had a 1st rounder in years.

We don’t have athletes? Really? C’mon man. I know your upset but you just insulted me, the program, and the entire school. All your post says to me is we need some real fans.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OldJacketFan

Helluva Engineer
To be honest, this loss doesn’t bother me. And that is why I’m concerned that this is CPJ’s last year. My personal feeling is on level with Gailey’s last season, where I lost interest in watching games.

This ^ I love PJ and what he brings to the table but last year and today are starting to push me into the apathetic range just as I got to with CCG. Poorly coached teams do exactly what last year's and this year's have done, blow double digit 4th quarter leads. I'm to the point of my give a damn being busted

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
Everyone had a breaking point for whatever reason. Today was it for me. Until we prove we can win a game with a double digit lead or a game on the road, I’ve lost interest. Call me a ****ty fan but it took me until 2011 to do the same with a Paul Hewitt. I’m at a show and prove spot now. Today was nothing more than last season all over again. Today’s loss could be mentally worse than last years UT game on the team. I’ll continue to watch but my enthusiasm is completely dead.

VadtheIMPALER

Georgia Tech Fan
I have been a jacket fan since 07. I have always defended CPJ, even after last season.

But at the end of the day...

If we cannot recruit top talent because of the scheme, we will be outskilled by almost every side in the ACC.

Great CPJ teams rely on everything to go right. But even then, our best teams will be lucky to beat Georgia/compete for the ACC title 50% of the time.

I am not calling for anyone's head.

I am just tired.
First the falcons, then today.

I am tired.

GTBandit22

Helluva Engineer
Ugly.
Giving up back to back KO returns lost the game. We didn't play great, but good enough to sneak by.
Defense is still bad. Losing Carpenter and Curry on BS targeting is par for the course. But we looked slow and took bad angles. I don't think it's scheme at all. We just aren't very talented.
We better improve or the ACC will be killer. This is the least talented team we play other than Bowling Green. Gut check time

Milwaukee

Banned
I guess I'm just confused as to why we're still playing 8 to TWELVE yards off the ball with defensive backs. I was under the impression that this was definitely going to change.

Our Defense is a wet paper bag. Where is all the blitzing and stunting? Schematically we need to just go the Tenuta route and roll the dice, I was under the impression that was exactly what was going to happen.

Special teams continues to be one of the worst in P5, if not the worst.

Our O-Line simply cannot pass protect, I don't get it. It's been a decade and it's still a dumpster fire with our line trying to pass block.

All that being said, the season isn't lost. If we catch some breaks we can contend for the Coastal as long as we see serious schematic changes. But at this point what makes anyone believe that we will change anything?

All in all I'm just super confused at what it is we're doing as a program. I don't see us adapting or changing a damn thing.

Did I mention I'm confused?

wvGT11

Helluva Engineer
CPJ used to be the master for corrections, I'm just not seeing it. Maybe he lights a fire under the team after this game like GSU in 14 , who knows. We play like we did today and it's going to be a bad season. 8 months and no improvements on ST and same issues on offense as last year. I was excited going into the season seeing the changes that CPJ was talking up including the D. Either way if we finish sub 500 again, no bowl, coastal and or win against UGA , CPJ will be gone. I've always been a fan of his and loved his offense but today just looked bad.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Technut1990

Ramblin' Wreck
Clemson and UGa could put 70 on us right now. The D was pitiful minus the INT. Wua’s fumble was deja vu of the UT game. We let their KR look like Rocket Ishmael. Complete **** show. Should’ve finished the game with TO! And what is Benson’s status?

God I hate even thinking about what those two teams will do to us, 41-0 at half ?

FightWinDrink

Helluva Engineer
Felt like both targeting calls were super weak. Looks like another year where we can't get out of our own way. Why do we even try to kick the ball off anymore. just kick it out of bounds. it goes to the 35 in college right? that's better than the average starting field position we seem to give up anyway and it doesn't cost us points. We are just sooooo anticlutch when it comes to turnovers. Our defense continues to take awful angles and we made Blake Barnett look like Michael Vick as we bit on every piece of misdirection. Just sooooooo many fundamental issues in every phase of the game. Just extremely frustrating to watch because this was a winnable game.