USF Fan here.

RoboGoat

Georgia Tech Fan
Hi,

You guys probably don't remember me. I was on this forum last year and you guys were awesome. I live in Woodstock and have been to few GT since we played (I will be there Saturday). I answered some questions for you guys before our matchup last year. Do you guys have any for me?

I have a few for you guys.

1. For starters, I have read that all 3 QBs will play against us. Which one is the worst matchup for us?

2. Has your transition into a new offense been as bumpy as ours? Not specifically against Clemson, more so in the offseason and spring game.

3. Do you guys expect a packed house for the first home game of with the new regime?

4. Will you guys still incorporate a little option in your game plan? We were pretty awful at defending it last year.

Thanks guys

AlabamaBuzz

Helluva Engineer
Hi,

You guys probably don't remember me. I was on this forum last year and you guys were awesome. I live in Woodstock and have been to few GT since we played (I will be there Saturday). I answered some questions for you guys before our matchup last year. Do you guys have any for me?

1. For starters, I have read that all 3 QBs will play against us. Which one is the worst matchup for us? No idea. Graham is probably the closest thing we have to a "dual" threat

2. Has your transition into a new offense been as bumpy as ours? Not specifically against Clemson, more so in the offseason and spring game. Not exactly sure what our "new" offense is just yet - it looked good against our D, but not sure that means much. (and for our spring game, Coach Collins limited the D playbook to try to assist more offense)

3. Do you guys expect a packed house for the first home game of with the new regime? We are hoping so, but hard to get a full house at BDS over the last 15 years or so without a huge bump from the opposing team's fans.

4. Will you guys still incorporate a little option in your game plan? We were pretty awful at defending it last year. I think this is a good idea, but I only saw a very, very small amount of option last week. Our first TD was an option play.

Thanks guys

RoboGoat

Georgia Tech Fan
Yeah I think it smart to still use the option and slowly move away from it. I really like USF's offensive scheme and see the potential. I just don't think it will be a quick learn. It probably wasn't a good idea to play 2 of the hardest games on the schedule week 1 and week 2...

jackets55

Jolly Good Fellow
1. Probably Tobias Oliver
2. You could say that
3. No, not for USF.
4. Read option yes, TO no chance. The previous offense has been deemed toxic. You might see a pitch or two but that is it.

BuzzThePlumber

Helluva Engineer
I don't blame you. We're probably going to win by at least 3 TDs. But our fans will be polite to you in defeat so enjoy the nice weather.
Don't think I quite have your cockiness (which suits your avatar I reckon?) yet, not sure how effectively we can move the ball at this point. But I would love for you to be right. I think we pull this one out, but I believe it'll be barely.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Robo
I think we maybe able to match your 2018 heat index but there will be no drizzle cloud relief. I thought that little cloud sprinkle last year was a life saver. Fhen the sun came out and i felt like i was in steam bath. I admire the conditioning of the players

Game question
Do u think Coach Strong will call an all out aggressive game on defense??

I hope u win every game but this one.

stech81

Helluva Engineer
Hi,

1. For starters, I have read that all 3 QBs will play against us. Which one is the worst matchup for us?

2. Has your transition into a new offense been as bumpy as ours? Not specifically against Clemson, more so in the offseason and spring game.

3. Do you guys expect a packed house for the first home game of with the new regime?

4. Will you guys still incorporate a little option in your game plan? We were pretty awful at defending it last year.

Thanks guys
Welcome back glad you make a few of our games since you live in woodstock, Towne Lake here. I hope we win would take a 1 point win just to get us started. Good crowd but not full house. I'm not crazy about all 3 QB's playing I take that as a bad sign.

alentrekin

Ramblin' Wreck
I watched the Wisconsin game last night and I actually came away impressed with Barnett and Kerwin Bell. Yalls running game is a problem but the drops killed you guys. On D, we match up pretty well with our DBs as a clear strength. If we are close to as effective as Wisconsin was in defending the run, I expect a two touchdown win. If we cannot stop the run, well...

On, O we are struggling to find a QB and the O we ran was suited to TO, but it's got major schematic problems. I expect you will see all three QBs, and at risk of this board dizzying itself into the same QB debate we have ad nauseam, I actually think Graham or LJ are the worst matchups for yall. Mason will get yards and if we can hit some off schedule throws, then we will probably move it down the field with ease. If we are stuck running off tackle, then we may be in trouble.

RoboGoat

Georgia Tech Fan
Robo
I think we maybe able to match your 2018 heat index but there will be no drizzle cloud relief. I thought that little cloud sprinkle last year was a life saver. Fhen the sun came out and i felt like i was in steam bath. I admire the conditioning of the players

Game question
Do u think Coach Strong will call an all out aggressive game on defense??

I hope u win every game but this one.

I know it doesnt seem like it but our D played well but they did until they were worn out with no help from the offense.
Everything that could go wrong did. Dropped passes, stupid pre snap penalties, our best offensive weapon getting suspended on game day, and playing the best RB in the nation.

I think we play aggressive but we thought we had elite DBs and maybe we were wrong...

RoboGoat

Georgia Tech Fan
I watched the Wisconsin game last night and I actually came away impressed with Barnett and Kerwin Bell. Yalls running game is a problem but the drops killed you guys. On D, we match up pretty well with our DBs as a clear strength. If we are close to as effective as Wisconsin was in defending the run, I expect a two touchdown win. If we cannot stop the run, well...

On, O we are struggling to find a QB and the O we ran was suited to TO, but it's got major schematic problems. I expect you will see all three QBs, and at risk of this board dizzying itself into the same QB debate we have ad nauseam, I actually think Graham or LJ are the worst matchups for yall. Mason will get yards and if we can hit some off schedule throws, then we will probably move it down the field with ease. If we are stuck running off tackle, then we may be in trouble.

Yes I really liked the offensive scheme it just was not executed properly, at all.

Who knows if we see improvements in execution but I suffer from blind optimism.

GT_05

Helluva Engineer
Hi,

Thanks guys

I do remember you. Good to see you again.

1. Who knows? I’m not sure which of the three will get to play the most or even what type of plays we will run. I don’t think our OC does either.
2. Yes
3. Not a chance. 95 degrees will keep some people home.
4. I hope so but not like you saw it last year. Tobias Oliver was successful running the midline against your D last year.

A question for you: Do y’all still have the guy who ran back-to-back kickoffs for touchdowns against us?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RoboGoat

Georgia Tech Fan
I do remember you. Good to see you again.

1. Who knows? I’m not sure which of the three will get to play the most or even what type of plays we will run. I don’t think our OC does either.
2. Yes
3. Not a chance. 95 degrees will keep some people home.
4. I hope so but not like you saw it last year. Tobias Oliver was successful running the midline against your D last year.

A question for you: Do y’all still have the guy who ran back-to-back kickoffs for touchdowns against us?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Haha I was waiting for that question. He tore his ACL a few weeks after the GT game. It seems he isn't fully recovered yet. We were told he was ready to go and now it seems like he's not. Charlie Strong doesnt tell us crap.
We still dont know why our slot receiver/scat back was suspended an hour before last weeks game

GTFLETCH

Banned
Hi,

Thanks guys
GT ran the ball 47 times for 157 yards, 3.5 yards per attempt. Tech spent the majority of the game in 11 personnel; 1 running back, 1 tight end, and 3 wide receivers. There were a few snaps in 20 personnel; 2 running backs, 0 tight ends, and 3 wide receivers. A few snaps were also taken in 12 personnel; 1 running back, 2 tight ends, and 2 wide receivers. You saw Tech run a variety of run plays, some gap scheme, some zone scheme, and even a few option plays. The option was out of 20 personnel with the Jackets lined up in Gun Split. Tech ran a few different versions of the zone read. They ran your standard one, leaving the backside player unblocked and giving or keeping based on whether the end player chased or stayed home. Another version that Tech ran is a read off the the split zone play, a wing TE will block back across the formation, the QB still reading the backside man on the end but with the added help of a TE lead blocking. Tech also ran this split zone play without a read as well. We also saw an interesting wrinkle on the zone read, where we read the backside 3T instead of reading the end man. The play that we rode to a few wins last season continues to be a part of the offensive game plan for the Jackets. Oliver is a dynamic player with the ball in his hands, so let him take the snap and see what he can do with teh QB Sweep. We saw the traditional inverted veer, with a front side read of the DE/OLB and a pulling guard. Tech did run a little bit of a gap scheme, power once with a pulling guard and wrap a few times with a pulling tackle. That was most of what we saw this week in the run game.

For more info on that and teh Passing Game read and view at https://www.fromtherumbleseat.com/g...47736/georgia-tech-v-clemson-offensive-review