Use of Animal Macsots

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member

GT_05

Helluva Engineer
Mutt fans loved it when UGA V tried to take a bite of an Auburn player in 1996. Personally, I like the new one with UGA X turning tail when Bevo charged. Game foreshadowing. [emoji23]

Of course, the “Running of the Bulldogs” GEICO commercial deserves mention.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mutt fans loved it when UGA V tried to take a bite of an Auburn player in 1996. Personally, I like the new one with UGA X turning tail when Bevo charged. Game foreshadowing. [emoji23]

Of course, the “Running of the Bulldogs” GEICO commercial deserves mention.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That last one would have been much better if the dog had gone for his butt, and not his face. LOL

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
I don't think it's a big deal that a dog travels around with the team. The dog probably is quite comfortable and even enjoys it.
But a 1,600 pound animal is not something to take on long trips. Large animals are uncomfortable travelling long distances like that, or any distance at all in a vehicle of any sort. The bull needs to be left home on the range.

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
I remember back when I was at Tech......we played Air Force. The evening after the game, went to a pizza place across from the Varsity. In walks a cadet with the Air Force falcon perched on his shoulder. (had a hood over its eyes)

Pretty neat. Imagine if you could train a bird like that to fly into the stadium 5 minutes before kickoff. But to do that your mascot would have to be a homing pigeon.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
I don't think it's a big deal that a dog travels around with the team. The dog probably is quite comfortable and even enjoys it.
But a 1,600 pound animal is not something to take on long trips. Large animals are uncomfortable travelling long distances like that, or any distance at all in a vehicle of any sort. The bull needs to be left home on the range.

Doesn’t have balls so it’s a steer. Traveling in trailers doesn’t seem at all harmful to horses so I doubt it is for cattle either. Sure is a better life than heading to a slaughterhouse.

boger2337

Helluva Engineer
I just wonder how stressed a dog may be when 80k+ fans are screaming at the top of their lungs... at minimum it's not comfortable.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer

U seem like u may be a city type. ?; u definitely aren't from texas.

AE s dad would know this guy. We hired this young guy to help in purchasing dept as his luxury bbq trailer business was failing. He did well and we assigned him to a new start up pipeline company . They liked him and when they went public he got some stock and went w them. He later told me quit because he didnt like working for other people. He went back into luxury trailers - bbq, horse, etc. In Texas 18% of oil revenue goes to private mineral owner 12$billion a year. About twice that goes into the state economy for production and handling. There are a lot of gentleman farmers. They have to have the best livestock trailer at the rodeo. One of their ranch Forman is assigned to the trailer.
The young kid did very well.