USA Today Not Loving Tech

GTRX7

Helluva Engineer
USA Today ranked each college football team following spring practice. Spoiler alert, they don't love the ACC or Georgia Tech. We are ranked 72nd (one behind Cal and one ahead of Kentucky).

ACC teams:
1. Clemson
10. Miami
16. *Notre Dame
29. FSU
34. NC St.
37. UL
45. BC
50. Pitt
55. Duke
59. Wake
62. UVA
72. Georgia Tech
78. Syracuse
81. UNC

Sideways

Helluva Engineer
Not saying we should be in the top 20 or anything (YET), but 72? Give me a break.

This is right where we want to be. No respect, no one building us up, no one suspecting what might hit them right in the mouth. USA Today is a rag that is not fit to read. I don't think we have a top 25 team either but this is a team that historically does best when it is least expected. Indiana ranked ahead of us? What did they do? Combine football and basketball rankings or something? Maybe TD Roof knew something we don't.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
USA Today ranked each college football team following spring practice. Spoiler alert, they don't love the ACC or Georgia Tech. We are ranked 72nd (one behind Cal and one ahead of Kentucky).

ACC teams:
1. Clemson
10. Miami
16. *Notre Dame
29. FSU
34. NC St.
37. UL
45. BC
50. Pitt
55. Duke
59. Wake
62. UVA
72. Georgia Tech
78. Syracuse
81. UNC

I guess we need to accept reality as we cant expect to keep up with the uva and Dukes of the world . ( basketball money)

What a stupid poll, we are going to beat both duke and uva. With the eazy teams and those 2 we are tied w last year.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
We are in trouble when Dook and Wake are ranked above us. No one seems to like PJ's offense and our D and ST were horrible last year. Guess we will have to prove we are bether on the field. Dook won' have the Roof D to absolutely destroy next year. They have had his number for the last 4 years.

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer
Who cares what rankings say this early? I said I don't care when ESPN's FPI ranked GT in the top 25, and I don't care when USA Today ranks us low. At this point nobody has any factual information to make any convincing arguments about where teams rank.

You can say that Clemson and Alabama will probably be at the top, but that is about it. And even with the predicted top teams it doesn't always work. FSU was ranked in the top 5 immediately before the season and dropped out of the top 25 in week 4. At this point it is simply hype to get attention.

USA Today.....really, they don't even have sports writers that know anything about sports. USA Today is about as useful and should be nothing more than at the bottom of a bird cage, sort of like the NY Times.

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
USA Today ranks up there with toilet paper;)

No, actually it does not. Toilet paper is a non-negotiable, essential part of life. without, life is not worth living. I will run out of milk, cheese or honey at my house....but I have never, ever once in my life run out of toilet paper or gin or coffee.

On the other hand, the only time I have ever read the USA today is while staying in a hotel that puts on on the floor outside of my door. These 2 things are polar opposites as far as necessities are concerned.