Urban Meyer

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
I’m not sure what’s going to happen, but if he gets fired
then Harbaugh is a lot safer in his UMich job than before. And Penn State is the runaway B10 favorite.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Imagine Pete Carroll leaving the Seattle Seahawks and going to Columbus to replace Urban Meyer:wideyed: I think Lane Kiffin of Florida Atlantic would be a candidate for that job also;)

Jmonty71

Banned
I remember the days coaches could get away with murder, or near it . The news of Urban Meyer is somewhat shocking. With the way society is today and the sensitivity towards domestic violence. Do you see him overcoming this?

OldJacketFan

Helluva Engineer
I remember the days coaches could get away with murder, or near it . The news of Urban Meyer is somewhat shocking. With the way society is today and the sensitivity towards domestic violence. Do you see him overcoming this?

Nope, the Title 9 guidelines are quite specific as to his duties when the abuse was brought to his attention and he failed to act when he knew about the abuse from what has been reported. He's on administrative leave but should be gone imo.

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
If and when Urban Meyer gets canned i think Pete Carroll and Lane Kiffin will be the two top candidates for the Ohio State head coaching job and i think they would both take it. I think Pete would take it because the Seahawks are starting to slide and Lane Kiffin would be on a plane to Colombus in less than an hour.

Jmonty71

Banned
If and when Urban Meyer gets canned i think Pete Carroll and Lane Kiffin will be the two top candidates for the Ohio State head coaching job and i think they would both take it. I think Pete would take it because the Seahawks are starting to slide and Lane Kiffin would be on a plane to Colombus in less than an hour.
Lane Kiffin is like a clepto kid. Grabs the next shiny thing .

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Nope, the Title 9 guidelines are quite specific as to his duties when the abuse was brought to his attention and he failed to act when he knew about the abuse from what has been reported. He's on administrative leave but should be gone imo.

I'm unaware of all the title ix stuff. Can he really be fired here?

OldJacketFan

Helluva Engineer
I'm unaware of all the title ix stuff. Can he really be fired here?

Yep, the Title IX guidelines are quite specific. Here is the link from OSU's website. If he was aware of the abuse as has been reported and did not bring it to the school's attention his a** is gone.

http://titleix.osu.edu/index.html

Domestic violence

Conduct that would meet the definition of a felony or misdemeanor crime of violence committed by the complainant’s current or former spouse or intimate partner, a person with whom the complainant shares a child in common, a person who is or has cohabitated with the complainant as a spouse or intimate partner, or individual similarly situated to a spouse under domestic or family violence law, or anyone else protected under the domestic or family violence law of the jurisdiction in which the offense occurred. An individual need not be charged with or convicted of a criminal offense to be found responsible for domestic violence pursuant to this policy.