Upgrades coming to BDS......

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
This is good news, especially the 22K season tickets already sold.

I'm betting it's going to take more then any $275K to do the work on the locker rooms that Coach is talking about, however.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
While we are thinking crazy - let's contract to play at Mercedes Benz field and demolish BDS.
We could build lots of parking into a world class high rise education center and business building. on Sat and Sunday we could run busses to from MB field.

Never mind I like aluminum bench seats

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
I think the 22K season tickets were referencing the soccer team. Our season tickets won't go on sale again until next spring.
Yeah, I understood that. It also said that Tech would pay the GTAA $2 for every ticket sold (including the season tickets) at every home game. This could add up to a considerable chunk of change over time. That's what I meant.

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
Yeah, I understood that. It also said that Tech would pay the GTAA $2 for every ticket sold (including the season tickets) at every home game. This could add up to a considerable chunk of change over time. That's what I meant.

Why is Tech paying the GTAA for Tickets sold? Maybe I am missing something. It seems the soccer club should be paying the GTAA.

babuka

Georgia Tech Fan
I was just thinking on BDS updates!

I think replacing all the bleachers with modern stadium seats (think GA done with cup holders) would be a very nice upgrade for the Gameday experience. The seats would be gold for whole stadium. Currently the seats are "closer" together than I think they could fit with the stadium seats (they are uncomfortably close) which would probably drop max capacity some, but would reduce number of empty seats. Based on some research it would cost $4-5M.

first&ten

Ramblin' Wreck
Don't like this idea at all. I know we need the money but, in the end I don't see any benefit for BDS excluding the dressing room upgrades.