Updated win loss projections

MountainBuzzMan

Helluva Engineer
Now that we are a few games in and starting to see the makeup of our team.

Defense is starting to look like the real deal. Very happy with that
Offense. Still dont trust the offense play calling. But Sims may have needed the bench time someone of his caliber needs to help put it all together. (You dont need to be the best play caller when you have a really good QB. (Clemson I am looking at you)

I still think the head coach is a good bit of a joke. But seeing the defense come together has started earning some head coaching points for me. He will need to do a lot more show me before I ever think he is legit after what he has done to Tech football the first two years with all of those historic level losses plus the NIU loss this year.

Having said all of that, I think we could go bowling this year with right at 6 wins. I NEVER would have thought that how the season started. Props to the team and coaches!

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
Now that we are a few games in and starting to see the makeup of our team.

Defense is starting to look like the real deal. Very happy with that
Offense. Still dont trust the offense play calling. But Sims may have needed the bench time someone of his caliber needs to help put it all together. (You dont need to be the best play caller when you have a really good QB. (Clemson I am looking at you)

I still think the head coach is a good bit of a joke. But seeing the defense come together has started earning some head coaching points for me. He will need to do a lot more show me before I ever think he is legit after what he has done to Tech football the first two years with all of those historic level losses plus the NIU loss this year.

Having said all of that, I think we could go bowling this year with right at 6 wins. I NEVER would have thought that how the season started. Props to the team and coaches!
The team is starting to come together even better than I thought. I never imagined we would run North Carolina out of MBS.

herb

Helluva Engineer
I said six wins at the start of the season, but honestly the way we played Saturday night we can beat anyone left on the schedule except UGA
Agreed on all counts. I had us at 6 and I think we can still get there or better.

MountainBuzzMan

Helluva Engineer
I said six wins at the start of the season, but honestly the way we played Saturday night we can beat anyone left on the schedule except UGA
If we can stay healthy and keep hungry and doing what is working then I agree with this. But that is a big if. Teams will adjust to the new QB style. The odds are slim of winning all but UGA and winning the conference championship game.

MonroeJacket

GT Athlete
I mean, I honestly think we can hang with Georgia IF we play like we did last night. They beat Clemson in a very tight game at a neutral site without scoring offensively. We barely lost a tight one in their house, without Sims. Why not us? COFH anything can happen. Georgia still hasn’t played anyone.

MonroeJacket

GT Athlete
I mean, I honestly think we can hang with Georgia IF we play like we did last night. They beat Clemson in a very tight game at a neutral site without scoring offensively. We barely lost a tight one in their house, without Sims. Why not us? COFH anything can happen. Georgia still hasn’t played anyone.
Add that they could be looking ahead to the SECCG if they’re in playoff contention and have Bama on tap.

Oldgoldandwhite

Helluva Engineer
Taking us out of the equation, is anyone on our schedule as good as we originally thought? Probably BC is better. We’ll learn a lot about Ugag this week against Arkansas.

85Escape

Helluva Engineer
Based on what we have seen so far (and ignoring any preseason bias) this is how I'd put our straight-up win chances:

Pitt: 65%
@Duke: 80%
UVA: 80%
@VPI: 50%
@UM: 70%
BC: 45%
@ND: 40%
GA: 10%

That looks like four more wins to me, five if things continue to improve or we rise to the occasion for on of the last three.

rfjeff9

Jolly Good Fellow
Based on what we have seen so far (and ignoring any preseason bias) this is how I'd put our straight-up win chances:

That looks like four more wins to me, five if things continue to improve or we rise to the occasion for on of the last three.
Those numbers at 6 wins likely on the year is where I hoped to be year 3. IF we win them and UNC wasn’t a crazy fluke.

CGC can stay.

stech81

Helluva Engineer

I would change UVa and BC i feel better about BC than I do going to Charlottesville ( something about that place)

but we can beat anyone of these teams and we can lose to any of them

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
I would change UVa and BC i feel better about BC than I do going to Charlottesville ( something about that place)

but we can beat anyone of these teams and we can lose to any of them
Agree with this. Oddly enough i looked at the UNC board last Friday to get a sense of how they viewed the game, something I rarely ever do. Most of them (like most here) saw a 38- 17 type of game with them winning. Oddly enough there were several who picked GT and they all mentioned ATL as being a house of misery and sadness for them in the same light most of us think of Charlottesville. (remember the hook and ladder?! :mad::banghead::yuck:)

rfjeff9

Jolly Good Fellow
Hey!, I predicted 6. :) Definitely an improvement from my original 2-3. @85Escape Thanks for putting your guesses by each game, That is roughly where I would have put the percentages
I was at 6 but it certainly included NI. I didn’t have us winning UNC, though so we are where I hoped, but in the current scenario I am more optimistic.