UPDATED TO 3.5 M! AD Email - GEORGIA TECH LAUNCHES COMPETITIVE DRIVE INITIATIVE

Sheboygan

Helluva Engineer
On my fourth cup now. One of my favorite things.

Back to topic, only one thing would excite me. A new HC that would unite the fan base and bring us back to winning on a regular basis.
Jerry Seinfeld Seriously GIF

I do love coffee. Especially a warm mug on a cold Wisconsin morning.
As for the announcement, we may find out what J means by "very soon"........days, weeks, or months.

85Escape

Helluva Engineer
I can't imagine that it's a head coach announcement. There's be way too many rumors if it was that far progressed. And the search would have had to be going on long before J joined us, and that just doesn't make sense. The only way I'd think it could be a HC announcement would be if they had come to terms with Key for the job. So called me jaw-droppingly shocked if that is what it turns out to be.

If that's not it, then it would have to be something about either funding or gameday experience (stadium.) Very little about funding would be 'exciting' to the fanbase unless it was (as has been suggested) a whale-sponsored NIL deal.

The only way a big stadium change would be exciting is if it was already paid for...anything that meaningfully increases our debt would be 'wanh, wanh, waaanh' to me. Seat-backs can't possibly be considered energizing to the fan-base.

MACHETE

Georgia Tech Fan
This is so vague it could be about a mausoleum for Bobby Dodd as well as a new head coach. I think we'd be advised to discount this kind of thing (who knows at this stage what Batt's ideas are about what would excite Tech fans?) and await events. I mean, he has to do something soon to start his administration..
Honestly, it better be something very meaningful. Otherwise, why in the world would you even mention something on your first day!? If it is underwhelming, it would be very concerning that he would make such a rookie mistake.

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
And the search would have had to be going on long before J joined us, and that just doesn't make sense.

From what I understand, the search team for the new HC started the same time that the team started searching for the new AD. ADJB still has to select and hire the candidate, but the search (i.e. collecting and vetting resumes) had already started.

LongforDodd

LatinxBreakfastTacos
From what I understand, the search team for the new HC started the same time that the team started searching for the new AD. ADJB still has to select and hire the candidate, but the search (i.e. collecting and vetting resumes) had already started.
That I could understand to be the case.