UPDATED TO 3.5 M! AD Email - GEORGIA TECH LAUNCHES COMPETITIVE DRIVE INITIATIVE

85Escape

Helluva Engineer
We should just forget the coffee thing, okay? It was his first time being the guy and having to face multiple interviews that are more than just tidbit pieces. Give the guy a break. I'm willing to bet a dozen cases of beer that if I randomly picked ten people from The Swarm subscribers 8 out of 10 would come off way, way worse in a series of interviews than he did in his opening interviews. Seriously. Move on.

TheDanielHordShow

Helluva Engineer
We should just forget the coffee thing, okay? It was his first time being the guy and having to face multiple interviews that are more than just tidbit pieces. Give the guy a break. I'm willing to bet a dozen cases of beer that if I randomly picked ten people from The Swarm subscribers 8 out of 10 would come off way, way worse in a series of interviews than he did in his opening interviews. Seriously. Move on.
I'm not mad about it. I know Batt is a first time AD. He's not gonna be perfect, he just needs to get us out of the dumps and make GT athletics a winner and exciting again.

GaTech4ever

Helluva Engineer
I'm willing to bet a dozen cases of beer that if I randomly picked ten people from The Swarm subscribers 8 out of 10 would come off way, way worse in a series of interviews than he did in his opening interviews.
I don’t disagree with your overall message, but I’d hope that GT’s AD would come across better in interviews than 10/10 GT Swarm subscribers… what’s the point in comparing us to him? No one is comparing Batt’s engineering prowess to GT Swarm subscribers.

GTLorenzo

Helluva Engineer

People notice something and they comment on it. It's a message board. No one is saying he should be fired or forced to wear skinny pants to work from now on and watch The Citadel game on a loop for 24 hours. Relax. Or better yet, lighten up Francis. ;) :LOL:

85Escape

Helluva Engineer
I don’t disagree with your overall message, but I’d hope that GT’s AD would come across better in interviews than 10/10 GT Swarm subscribers… what’s the point in comparing us to him? No one is comparing Batt’s engineering prowess to GT Swarm subscribers.
Well, that's good since we'd be way over-paying him for his engineering skills. ;) The point is that people love to criticize the stupidest things, when they aren't even qualified to do the things, much less be a legitimate critic. It's reminds me of most sports journalists....they never played a down of organized sports beyond age 10, but love to tell us how much they know about being an athlete because they've talked to so many.

billga99

Ramblin' Wreck
Unless Key is the choice. They might announce that sooner.
I don't think Key is decided. After the VA game where the offense score a grand total of 3 points against the team that was at the bottom of the ACC Power rankings, I just would think the jury is at best still out on hiring Key long-term. It could be other coaches, facilities or maybe finally getting the plan revisions of the Edge Center completed and start construction. That has been a long time in coming.

CEB

Helluva Engineer
Give the guy a break. I'm willing to bet a dozen cases of beer that if I randomly picked ten people from The Swarm subscribers 8 out of 10 would come off way, way worse in a series of interviews than he did in his opening interviews. Seriously. Move on.

This is a very strange exchange of comparisons...
I’ll just say that if we were to get into the beer during the evaluation of interviewees, I am sure the 9th and 10th candidates would be pretty compelling.
I would likely find candidates 1-4 to be dull, candidate 5 arrogant, 6&7 would be disagreeable jerks, and i’d tell them all about it. Candidate 8 is forgettable, but candidates 9&10... they’re my boys!!!!
Nothing against Batt or his engineering chops, of course. Is there an engineering requirement for the swarm? Or for AD? Do I still get beer?

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
The only other thing that would classify as big news that would excite the fanbase would be to announce our exit from the ACC and join the SEC. That would completely change the direction of the program in a positive and exciting direction.
I don't believe that would be as universally as well received as you think.

Of course there is about a 0% chance of that happening anyways so it doesn't matter. SEC has no interest in GT, and GT wouldn't add anywhere near enough to the SEC package for them to make an offer.

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff

Of course there is about a 0% chance of that happening anyways so it doesn't matter. SEC has no interest in GT, and GT wouldn't add anywhere near enough to the SEC package for them to make an offer.
I agree. In the ACC we at least have a chance to be competitive in football. Which SEC division would our fans prefer? I have pretty much given up on seeing another national championship at Tech, but we have a legit chance at the ACC Championship if we can return to the level of 4-5 years ago.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
Fun fact: I have never tasted coffee once in my entire life, Never. I have always hated he smell.

Anyway, back to the guessing. I think we are all getting ponies.
Never cared for coffee either. Always drank tea instead. As for Mr. Batt, he needs time to evaluate the situation and decide how to proceed. This is going to take a few years to rebuild this football team. IIWII

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer

The SEC does not want Georgia Tech. I am not sure they will pursue any of the ACC teams, not even Clemson or FSU.

yeti92

Helluva Engineer
Fun fact: I have never tasted coffee once in my entire life, Never. I have always hated he smell.

Anyway, back to the guessing. I think we are all getting ponies.
It tastes like water thats been filtered through dirty beans to me. I guess that's basically what it is, but I've never understood the appeal.

TheDanielHordShow

Helluva Engineer
I agree. In the ACC we at least have a chance to be competitive in football. Which SEC division would our fans prefer? I have pretty much given up on seeing another national championship at Tech, but we have a legit chance at the ACC Championship if we can return to the level of 4-5 years ago.
The only way we can TRY to complete for a natty is by getting to a consistent level of contending in the ACC. We had that under GOL, Chan, and Paul. If we can get to that level, then we can try to build on it.