Updated Roster

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
Many of these weights are right. Pj davis is 230 now maybe 235. Devine is not 366. He is in the 345 to 350 range iirc.

Freeman is right at 240. This is accurate.

Stargel is closer to 260

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
Many of these weights are right. Pj davis is 230 now maybe 235. Devine is not 366. He is in the 345 to 350 range iirc.

Stargel is closer to 260

What's your source for these corrections? Not doubting, just wondering.

danny daniel

Helluva Engineer

Stargel is closer to 260

Biggest surprise to me was J Stickler who jumped from 261 to 288 (this one is hard to believe but he did need to add weight). Also the backup centers have all bulked up considerably. I saw them standing together at Fan Day and was really impressed with their size and athletic look. A Marshall is up over 10 lbs but Muns and Anderson are up more than 20. On the other hand some of our big guys are the same or less: Gotsis, Kallon, Braun, Chamberlain, Fromayan, Seager, Burden, and hopefully Devine. DBs and DEs have gained some. Overall the new weights are encouraging.

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
Biggest surprise to me was J Stickler who jumped from 261 to 288 (this one is hard to believe but he did need to add weight). Also the backup centers have all bulked up considerably. I saw them standing together at Fan Day and was really impressed with their size and athletic look. A Marshall is up over 10 lbs but Muns and Anderson are up more than 20. On the other hand some of our big guys are the same or less: Gotsis, Kallon, Braun, Chamberlain, Fromayan, Seager, Burden, and hopefully Devine. DBs and DEs have gained some. Overall the new weights are encouraging.

i posted a little while back, this team is the biggest most athletic get off the bus looking team we have had since 2006....

Boomergump

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
i posted a little while back, this team is the biggest most athletic get off the bus looking team we have had since 2006....
I agree with this. I am not much for autographs, so when I walk around at fan day, I shake hands, chat a little, but observe a lot. We are bigger than last year. It was very noticeable for those who pay attention. How it translates to the field is yet to be seen, but we do look bigger. Usually, when all other things are equal, this bodes well in the sport.

I have tried to bite my tongue a little while listening to much of the recent chatter, especially surrounding player size etc, primarily at the RB positions. Many were worried about MM's size at BB or being small at AB overall. BB was the first line I got into because I wanted to make contact with Skov, but the first two guys I saw were MM and MLD. I was honestly taken back by how thick those guys looked, in a very good way. Now, I find myself remembering last year, leaving the BB line thinking to myself my arms were just as big as Laskey's. I am not saying this to disparage him, because he was a very productive player for us. However, he did so, without really looking the part. If anything, I anticipate, we will have actually raised the physicality and athleticism bar at the position. Laskey did so many things well, that it will be a challenge for a freshman to duplicate, but, count me in as believing the ceiling is a little higher right now. Moving out to AB and focusing on the "big" AB in the mix, last year it was Perkins. Charles had huge chiseled arms and thighs and a tiny little waist. He looked impressive, especially at the beach, I am sure. Lands-Davis is the replacement in that role. His weight is more evenly distributed, which, in my mind is actually a positive thing. Having a thicker midsection ( I am not implying fat, but rather a thicker frame) is often a very good thing. It presents a less appealing target for a defenders head gear. Most of the guys in the history of the game who were the hardest to tackle were like this. Their total weights are about the same but MLD is athletic and compact. I really don't think we are losing much. Again, experience matters, but I think the ceiling has been raised.

The only guy I thought looked light in the pants was Whitehead. Who knows, he might be the most productive guy we have on the edge. We will see. Darryl Roberson and Ricardo Wimbush were two similar looking figures in our past and they were pretty good. I wish Freeman were a bigger guy, but he appears to be a little thicker to the naked eye. I am sure he worked hard in the off season.

GTJason

Helluva Engineer
I agree with this. I am not much for autographs, so when I walk around at fan day, I shake hands, chat a little, but observe a lot. We are bigger than last year. It was very noticeable for those who pay attention. How it translates to the field is yet to be seen, but we do look bigger. Usually, when all other things are equal, this bodes well in the sport.

I have tried to bite my tongue a little while listening to much of the recent chatter, especially surrounding player size etc, primarily at the RB positions. Many were worried about MM's size at BB or being small at AB overall. BB was the first line I got into because I wanted to make contact with Skov, but the first two guys I saw were MM and MLD. I was honestly taken back by how thick those guys looked, in a very good way. Now, I find myself remembering last year, leaving the BB line thinking to myself my arms were just as big as Laskey's. I am not saying this to disparage him, because he was a very productive player for us. However, he did so, without really looking the part. If anything, I anticipate, we will have actually raised the physicality and athleticism bar at the position. Laskey did so many things well, that it will be a challenge for a freshman to duplicate, but, count me in as believing the ceiling is a little higher right now. Moving out to AB and focusing on the "big" AB in the mix, last year it was Perkins. Charles had huge chiseled arms and thighs and a tiny little waist. He looked impressive, especially at the beach, I am sure. Lands-Davis is the replacement in that role. His weight is more evenly distributed, which, in my mind is actually a positive thing. Having a thicker midsection ( I am not implying fat, but rather a thicker frame) is often a very good thing. It presents a less appealing target for a defenders head gear. Most of the guys in the history of the game who were the hardest to tackle were like this. Their total weights are about the same but MLD is athletic and compact. I really don't think we are losing much. Again, experience matters, but I think the ceiling has been raised.

The only guy I thought looked light in the pants was Whitehead. Who knows, he might be the most productive guy we have on the edge. We will see. Darryl Roberson and Ricardo Wimbush were two similar looking figures in our past and they were pretty good. I wish Freeman were a bigger guy, but he appears to be a little thicker to the naked eye. I am sure he worked hard in the off season.
IMO last year was the first year in a while our o-line didn't seem small compared to UGA's d-line. We're certainly getting bigger