Updated Regular Season Wins Poll

How many regular season games will GT win?

Votes: 1 1.4%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 2 2.7%

Votes: 8 11.0%

Votes: 11 15.1%

Votes: 34 46.6%

Votes: 10 13.7%

Votes: 7 9.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
With the cancellation of the Central Florida game, we can only win 10 regular season games this year since we are 1-1. So I thought we could re-do the poll.

My earlier estimate was 8 game in the regular season like last year. Central Florida was 1 of those wins. So I'd be down to 7 wins. But the first two games have shown me
1) a good offense maybe better than last year
2) the same unreliable defense
3) significantly degraded FG and KO kicking and better punting.

So I should be at 7 games, but I don't see that, I see 6 wins in the regular season and squeaking into a bowl. We could get a break or two and win 8 or not get the breaks and end up at 4:
Pitt - 70% chance of win
UNC - 70%
@ Miami - 50%
Wake - 80%
@Clemson - 20%
@UVa - 70%
VT - 50%
@Duke - 50%
UGAg - 40%
Total remaining 500% = 5 wins.

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
With the cancellation of the Central Florida game, we can only win 10 regular season games this year since we are 1-1. So I thought we could re-do the poll.

My earlier estimate was 8 game in the regular season like last year. Central Florida was 1 of those wins. So I'd be down to 7 wins. But the first two games have shown me
1) a good offense maybe better than last year
2) the same unreliable defense
3) significantly degraded FG and KO kicking and better punting.

So I should be at 7 games, but I don't see that, I see 6 wins in the regular season and squeaking into a bowl. We could get a break or two and win 8 or not get the breaks and end up at 4:
Pitt - 70% chance of win
UNC - 70%
@ Miami - 50%
Wake - 80%
@Clemson - 20%
@UVa - 70%
VT - 50%
@Duke - 50%
UGAg - 40%
Total remaining 500% = 5 wins.
GT is always expected to lose to UGAG but they've won two of the last three.;)

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
I think the Jackets go 8-3

Pitt W
North Carolina W
Miami L
Wake Forest W
Clemson L
Virginia W
Virginia Tech W
Duke W
UGAG W

Camping World Bowl
Georgia Tech vs TCU
This is close to what I was thinking until Miami had to play FSU before us. I now have that as a W. but I think it's possible we lose to VT. So between 8 and 9 wins for me. I put 9 down though, gotta stick with my yellow jackets lol.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Bump
Pitt - W as we get BYE and they travel. We find say to get defender to be near shamed. Will only happen again @clem

UNC W as unc head coach must focus on the defense that is last in power 5. His new guys on offense are doing better than expected but still need major improvement. We will pass more to ab in space and control game by offense against confused defense. Coach is a genius.

Miami W as we get a bye. Yes we travel but they play fsu. Will be a war but I think Coach r will dare us to block his d line as he did at uga. Please be ready special teams.

Wake -W as we as we home and by this point in season they should know they not good. High point is our depth shows up big.

Clemson - L players and band wagon aside they have a beast of defense. Ol and skill positions will be ready next year. I will trade my two fcs tickets for like tickets for clemson 2018.

Virginia W we travel but they suck.

Vt - W they travel to Miami the week before. A must game for Miami. Then they travel to bds. (PLAY AT NIGHT LIKE 2009)We have a complete game lead by coach.

D W we travel but duke . They play army a think we won't pass.

Uga - W - close game again = Chubb and Michel are big, but our offense is bigger.

We go 8-2 AGAINST P5 teams and only loose to one of big 4 on schedule . In old days this would be a very very good season.
For calc we are 9-2.

Acc in Charlotte and bowl game in Miami

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer
I think we got a real shot at winning the Coastal ...

Yup, Clemson is the only game that scares me (that's not saying the others are guaranteed wins or anything, just that their defense is very formidable). That said, I'm not sold on their offense being as good as their defense, and with a bit of luck we could definitely beat them. Even if we lose that one, we would control our destiny in the division. VT and Miami look very beatable to me.

Longestday

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Atomic has a toss up except for Pitt, UNC, and Clemson. The only toss up below 50% is Duke.

If the regular season played out with Atomic’s score predictions with our only loss to UT, Clemson, and Duke... how would you feel? 8 and 3 with a win over UGA at home... I hate missing the UCF game!

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
Atomic has a toss up except for Pitt, UNC, and Clemson. The only toss up below 50% is Duke.

If the regular season played out with Atomic’s score predictions with our only loss to UT, Clemson, and Duke... how would you feel? 8 and 3 with a win over UGA at home... I hate missing the UCF game!

I hear there is rain in the forecast for Saturday in Florida so UCF has decided to cancel the rest of their season.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
Bump
Pitt - W as we get BYE and they travel. We find say to get defender to be near shamed. Will only happen again @clem

UNC W as unc head coach must focus on the defense that is last in power 5. His new guys on offense are doing better than expected but still need major improvement. We will pass more to ab in space and control game by offense against confused defense. Coach is a genius.

Miami W as we get a bye. Yes we travel but they play fsu. Will be a war but I think Coach r will dare us to block his d line as he did at uga. Please be ready special teams.

Wake -W as we as we home and by this point in season they should know they not good. High point is our depth shows up big.

Clemson - L players and band wagon aside they have a beast of defense. Ol and skill positions will be ready next year. I will trade my two fcs tickets for like tickets for clemson 2018.

Virginia W we travel but they suck.

Vt - W they travel to Miami the week before. A must game for Miami. Then they travel to bds. (PLAY AT NIGHT LIKE 2009)We have a complete game lead by coach.

D W we travel but duke . They play army a think we won't pass.

Uga - W - close game again = Chubb and Michel are big, but our offense is bigger.

We go 8-2 AGAINST P5 teams and only loose to one of big 4 on schedule . In old days this would be a very very good season.
For calc we are 9-2.

Acc in Charlotte and bowl game in Miami

I can accept this :)

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer