updated poll on coaching staff change

how do you feel now about the coaching change with the new staff announced?

• Total voters

gtpi

Helluva Engineer
now that the coaching staff has been announced and youve had time to digest things. how do you feel now about the change????

im thinking that we should see a spike in the total number of people who respond to this poll. as compared to the first poll indicating an increased BUZZZZZZZZZZ in the program ive not seen in awhile.

which coaching hire excited you most? ccg cpj or cgc????

personally i was not excited over chan. i felt he was going to bo-ring from the get go. i was exited about having paul and the 3o. i feel extremely EXCITED about the new coach and the staff he has put together.

i guess we will have a chance to find out which is better now. the x's and the o's or the jimmies and the joes!

Last edited:

5277hike

Jolly Good Fellow
now that the coaching staff has been announced and youve had time to digest things. how do you feel now about the change????

im thinking that we should see a spike in the total number of people who respond to this poll. as compared to the first poll indicating an increased BUZZZZZZZZZZ in the program ive not seen in awhile.

which coaching hire excited you most? ccg cpj or cgc????

personally i was not excited over chan. i felt he was going to bo-ring from the get go. i was exited about having paul and the 3o. i feel extremely EXCITED about the new coach and the staff he has put together.

i guess we will have a chance to find out which is better now. the x's and the o's or the jimmies and the joes!

As an engineer, I'm really not into "feeling" things. If you want to know what I think, I'm still a big CPJ supporter. However, I think this new staff is an overall upgrade over the previous one. I am very optimistic for our future.

gtpi

Helluva Engineer
well so far it looks like the addition of the coaching staff has not changed the over all perception much. i think the op had a like % of around 82% but its still too early to call. heh

LibertyTurns

Banned
I liked the old staff. I think I like the new staff.

I liked O’Leary and Fridge and their ability to score. I didn’t like their defense. If only we could have had a defense.

I liked Gailey and Tenuta’s defense and hated their offense. If only he could have had an offense.

I like CPJ’s offense and disliked his defenses most of the time. Can’t say I ever liked them. If only he could have had a defense.

I despised Curry’s offenses. His defenses ranged from ok to good. There was a steady progression. If only he could not have run a draw play on 3rd and long every single damn time. The up the middle, up the middle, up the middle, punt offense has scarred me to this day.

I was stunned at how good Ross’s offenses finally got. I liked his defenses.

I won’t mention the others.

ThatGuy

Ramblin' Wreck
I liked the old staff. I think I like the new staff.

I liked O’Leary and Fridge and their ability to score. I didn’t like their defense. If only we could have had a defense.

I liked Gailey and Tenuta’s defense and hated their offense. If only he could have had an offense.

I like CPJ’s offense and disliked his defenses most of the time. Can’t say I ever liked them. If only he could have had a defense.

I despised Curry’s offenses. His defenses ranged from ok to good. There was a steady progression. If only he could not have run a draw play on 3rd and long every single damn time. The up the middle, up the middle, up the middle, punt offense has scarred me to this day.

I was stunned at how good Ross’s offenses finally got. I liked his defenses.

I won’t mention the others.

The best-written answer to this poll right here. Agreed wholeheartedly. (Except that you're making me relive the Curry offense. I had finally stopped thinking about that one. :vomit:

wgardiner3

Jolly Good Fellow
I am going to cheer and root for the team no matter the coach. How could I say I "like" or "dislike" them before they've done anything though? CGC fits the type of coach I wanted, so now I am hoping he can continue to bring success to the flats.

This is why I chose "Undecided". I am excited about the hire and hope that it will result in success, but nothing has happened on the field yet. I wouldn't choose "Prefer CPJ" because he retired so I am not going to consider that option. I liked CPJ, but he retired so we were going to have to replace him regardless. I was a Freshman when he was hired and he was nice enough to come to our dorm for a Q&A shortly after he was hired. I think we found a fantastic replacement and he filled his staff wonderfully, but until I see something on the field I can't say I dislike or like the coaching change, though I would say I am strongly leaning toward like at this point.