Update on Myles Autry

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
That “info” must’ve gone over my head. I don’t see how he says he wants to play with his brother but list schools he wants to go to that I doubt would take his brother (if they even take him).

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
Bizarre is all I can say.
1. Apparently the only reason he came to GT was to play with his brother.
2. His brother was dismissed and this is why he asked for the release.
3. Then he says he might end up back at GT. (that doesn't jive with points 1 and 2)
4. Then there's this list of factory schools that are still in play.
5. These schools are really not in play, there just out there for some other reason.
6. Even if they were in play, they're most likely not in play for Anthony which should rule them out for Myles if point #1 is true.

By Myles. See you 'round. Hey, maybe you can sign with Georgia Southern and end up playing at BDS that way?

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
That “info” must’ve gone over my head. I don’t see how he says he wants to play with his brother but list schools he wants to go to that I doubt would take his brother (if they even take him).
When I read this on line last night the part that really jumped out at me was the "This shouldn't be a shocker, everyone knows I went to Tech just to play with my brother," comment. I have not reread the article today so I may not have the exact words right but that was the basic intent of what he said.

As for the whole way he has conducted himself he comes across as a total narcissist. Why does he think everyone is interested in him as a player? If he should manage to get into a Division 1 school I predict he will either not last long or he will ride the bench. I think CPJ saw enough from him to decide he was not worth the aggravation.

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
When I read this on line last night the part that really jumped out at me was the "This shouldn't be a shocker, everyone knows I went to Tech just to play with my brother," comment. I have not reread the article today so I may not have the exact words right but that was the basic intent of what he said.

As for the whole way he has conducted himself he comes across as a total narcissist. Why does he think everyone is interested in him as a player? If he should manage to get into a Division 1 school I predict he will either not last long or he will ride the bench. I think CPJ saw enough from him to decide he was not worth the aggravation.
Well yea. He’s always been vocal about that in order to explain why he was going to GT instead of the “multitudes of factory schools” he had offers from. Kid always seems to come up with fake reasons of why he does something in order to paint the picture that he had all these better options. I’ve known a few people like that before.

GTJason

Helluva Engineer
I've tried not to take this emotionally and waited for anger to subside on this decision, but I don't know who he thinks he's kidding. This line is a little ridiculous “It’s like I told (another) reporter the other day, if I’m meant to be at Georgia Tech, God will place me there.” No matter what your religion, no one teaches God just gives you things but rather you are given chances to succeed. This guy blew his chance. He was hosting a foam party at the beginning of this month (source - twitter) - when he was supposed to be getting prepared/qualified for college. I think he's super talented, and so are many D1 athletes, but only the ones with the special combination of skill, hard work, effort, and a little bit of luck (not getting injured) go professional. He's only got one of those 4 things. I was excited to see him in white and gold, but I don't think he would put in the work associated with being a SA at GT

WaldoJ

Georgia Tech Fan
I feel there is a lot of anger in this thread toward a kid (Yes, a kid) who has no earthly idea what he wants to do in life. He is like so many other teenagers who graduate high school and probably feels completely lost. Sure, from our eyes he had a free ride to a great school and was going to play for our collective football team. There is absolutely no telling what is going on in his head though. College may not even be for him! He has to make that decision and if more time is needed then I am glad that CPJ elected to give him that time. Don't take his decision so personally. He has never played a down of college football and from the looks of it will not be doing it with Ga Tech any time soon.

wingsrlevel

Jolly Good Fellow
not taking anything personally here. I'm just glad his drama is over. I've said it before, this kid can't even qualify for college yet and he talks like he is a hot commodity. In reality he won't be a factor on the college scene unless he makes major changes in attitude towards school work and learns what humility is. I'm like CPJ ...show me don't tell me.

Blumpkin Souffle

Bidly Biddington III
This thread should probably get locked down, it's the same pissing contest from either side and I don't think anyone's opinion is going to change.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
I vacillate between completely venting about this player and trying to keep a grip on attacking a kid. I have not completely vented and I have not refrained from attacking. So I have done neither well.

My ambivalence is due to three things. First, everyone matures at a different pace at his age and his extreme lack of maturity may be more related to brain development than anything and therefore beyond his control. Second, his apparent sociopathy may simply be a defense mechanism to compensate for his insecurities. Third, is the reason this story hooks me. His name is legion and the football schools that perform at the upper eschlons are loaded with these kinds of kids. Perhaps someone has done a thread on this before but I am convinced there is a particular narrow intersection of athletic ability, personality type, maturity and intelligence that Tech can only go after in recruits. Anyone falling outside this narrow range is doomed to fail or to waste Tech's time.

Status
Not open for further replies.