Update on Myles Autry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruce Wayne

Helluva Engineer
That makes it sound like a no-restrictions release from the LOI. I am unsure what I think of that. Certainly seems generous on CPJ's part which my inclination is to treat as admirable.

Myles should still choose Tech to validate his efforts at school work this summer and to challenge himself to keep that extra hard work going to reach his highest potential getting the most significant degree he can get (far superior to those other schools he lists) and still getting to develop in the sport he loves.

Anthony could go to State and the whole family could come see Myles at Tech on Saturdays. Then in 4-5 years both Autry's would have gotten college degrees, one with world-class value, and will have spent their college years in close proximity as well as near their family. And they can both work out together in the end for chances at professional football in the NFL or elsewhere, as far as their talent and hard work can take them.

Myles can still make a sad situation a positive for everyone involved.

Jacket Bracket

Jolly Good Fellow
I really think that for all involved this was the best decision. This whole thing started feeling like Vad Lee 2.0 to me. Do I want to be here or not? If he has to ask the question the answer is NO. Best of luck to him. I hope he plays for someone that will face GT in the future. That would be fun to watch.

Bigb

Jolly Good Fellow
That makes it sound like a no-restrictions release from the LOI. I am unsure what I think of that. Certainly seems generous on CPJ's part which my inclination is to treat as admirable.

Myles should still choose Tech to validate his efforts at school work this summer and to challenge himself to keep that extra hard work going to reach his highest potential getting the most significant degree he can get (far superior to those other schools he lists) and still getting to develop in the sport he loves.

Anthony could go to State and the whole family could come see Myles at Tech on Saturdays. Then in 4-5 years both Autry's would have gotten college degrees, one with world-class value, and will have spent their college years in close proximity as well as near their family. And they can both work out together in the end for chances at professional football in the NFL or elsewhere, as far as their talent and hard work can take them.

Doubt Anthony ends up at a FBS school because he'd have to sit out another year after just sitting out last year.

OldJacketFan

Helluva Engineer
Well I expected this but I will say I'm glad to see how CPJ handled this. For all his perceived grouchiness there is no doubt he cares about doing the right thing. Myles has seen what CPJ brings to the table and it'll be interesting to see how this plays out.

Em_Jae20

Helluva Engineer

Like the optimism but @Eric already said "Myles will not have the option of coming to Tech"

ramblinvak

Ramblin' Wreck

A well thought out and rational plan that I hope he and his family would have thought of, but looks like he does/did not see it that way.

ATL1

Helluva Engineer
Wash & rinse
He's gone .. The end.
GT gonna have to recruit their tails off to hold this recruiting class together as well as gain some more recruits.
It may be a rough a$& season.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
Asked for a release from Georgia Tech, CPJ granted it.
But that leaves a question hanging. Autry says on his twitter that Tech is still in consideration. In your opinion is he just saying that to save face? Was he basically given the boot? How does this work?

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
But that leaves a question hanging. Autry says on his twitter that Tech is still in consideration. In your opinion is he just saying that to save face? Was he basically given the boot? How does this work?

Autry also said that he chose Georgia Tech over FSU, Ohio State, UGA and Oregon on NSD. I think he is saying that because he doesnt want to be too disrespectful to GT...He just asked for his release and was given it. Now he can figure out where he wants to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.