Update on Myles Autry

Status
Not open for further replies.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Every one just needs to take a deep breath, I know I do. I'll just say that I have one brother and I would be very emotional if something like this happened to him. I have said a lot of reckless things in my life (usually when drinking) and am fortunate that they weren't immortalized by twitter. Another reason I don't post at all on FaceBook is that my sarcasm doesn't work real well in that forum.

Good night. This mess will be here tomorrow.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
With the attitude that he is taking I don't know that I want him here. I think he is a tremendous athlete that could be a star but there has been so much drama with this kid since day one, now his brother makes what must have been at least his 3rd major mistake and gets booted and he's gonna waiver on coming.... Just don't know if he would be a good fit.

Bad thing to me is, I really liked Anthony and had high hopes for him and was hoping he had learned from his mistakes.
SMH
Long before he did the hat dance I voiced my concerns on another site that his level of drama was not going to work well with Tech. I still hope I am wrong.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
All - Somewhat predictably this thread is heading down the slippery slope of personal attacks. Let's keep those off the site. I'm not saying I disagree with what some folks have posted, but we still need to follow the rules of the board. Thanks.
You're right.

Bruce Wayne

Helluva Engineer
I have a pretty simple rule I try and stick to. If you are a recruit, commit, or player at Tech I will refrain from criticizing you in a public forum. If you are failed out or got dismissed then I may voice my disappointment.

But if you are a recruit, commit, or player for a football factory or a team Tech will play then you are totally fair game. :)

I say encourage our own and potential own and heap loads of sarcasm on those who don't see fit to join us. There will always be time enough for criticism and venting when and if Myles goes elsewhere.

wingsrlevel

Jolly Good Fellow
I truly hope your right. Like I said I think the kid can be a star. I'm sure it is an emotional time for him but the tweet was just uncalled for. All the prior tweets he put out recently said all the right things. I how he still becomes a yellow jacket "if" his attitude is right, don't want him being dismissed in 2 years from now for the same thing. I want players who want to be here.
Quit making excuses for this *******!

daBuzz

Ramblin' Wreck
Just my own personal opinion, but based on a few conversations last night, here's what I expect:
  • Myles completed his summer course work that he needed to be cleared by the NCAA clearinghouse. He was waiting on the paperwork from Norcross High School to make its way through the labyrinth of bureaucracy at the clearinghouse.
  • Once the clearinghouse cleared him as eligible, he was set to show up at Tech.
  • Obviously, this situation with his brother now causes him to rethink the whole thing.
  • Myles DOES have other BCS-level options, despite what some are posting on some sites.
  • If he wants to play this year, he has two options: play at Tech or get Tech to release him from his LOI. If he chooses option B and CPJ agrees to release him, he is immediately eligible to play somewhere else.
  • The person I spoke with last night hasn't spoken with Myles or his family yet but plans to try and do that today or tomorrow. His reply when I asked him the odds of Myles playing at GT, "Probably 50-50 at best.".

Stonewall

Jolly Good Fellow
If Myles had reported with everyone else, I'd feel a helluva lot better as he'd have skin in the game at this point and be surrounded by his teammates. Instead, this is about as bad as it gets with regards to timing vis-à-vis his brother's dismissal and the fact he has yet to join the team. I don't have the best gut feel at the moment.

SidewalkJacket

Helluva Engineer
To be honest, I always considered Autry to be icing on the cake with last year's class. Don't get me wrong, I think he could be a dynamic playmaker. But I'm not sure of it. And if he shows up, works hard and earns a spot, I'll be cheering as loud as anyone. I'll also be pleasantly surprised. So come on, Myles... Be your own man and use this as one of life's crossroads. You don't get many opportunities to grow into manhood that are this clearly marked.

PowderSpringsJacket88

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
I want Myles here but if am going to be honest. I'm a little nervous about him coming to GT. I'm sure he has heard his brothers side of things and is obviously biased which I understand is human. However, this difficult situation plus his tendency to be a little wishy washy with his commitment makes me uneasy about his presence in our locker room. He may not be a cancer but that negative stuff can impact other players. Especially when they lost teammates that they cared about as well. I hope he comes to GT and my worries are unwarranted . Go Jackets!

wingsrlevel

Jolly Good Fellow
IMHO he'll probably end up at a 1AA school anyway. Kids that struggle to graduate HS usually don't have a very good success rate at college, especially a school like GT.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Hope Miles comes because long term playing this year at Tech will be best for him and good for Tech. The injury his brother suffered has complicated his life and sent him on a new path. I understand the disappointment to no longer
see himself and his brother well and playing for the white and gold. Obviously Miles is emotional young man. I hope he will realize that going to a factory where he will wait years to see the field is not best for him. Hope his brother tells him this too. Sure we need him for his talent but most of all we need to show other talented high school players that true freshman can start and do well at Tech.

ATL1

Helluva Engineer
CLJ can release him and probably will. Why have a disgruntled, potential cancer, on your team?

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
I think Cuse is right. It's early days to make any kind of statement about Myles and Tech.

Of course, he's upset about his brother. I would be too. Oth, he'll have plenty of time to talk to Anthony and get the scoop on what's going on there. Apparently, there was a repeat offense against team rules and, no doubt, the Autrey clan is both hurt and trying to figure out what to do next. I suggest we stop trying to read Myles's mind and wait to see what he decides to do after talking to his family and to Coach and co.

And, btw, I'll be fine with any decision he makes, just as I was before he decided to come to Tech. I hope he stays because I think he's a potentially great talent. If he goes, however, I'll understand and wish both him and Anthony, who I also think is a potential starter for someone at the Div 1 level, the best of luck.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
Hope Miles comes because long term playing this year at Tech will be best for him and good for Tech. The injury his brother suffered has complicated his life and sent him on a new path. I understand the disappointment to no longer
see himself and his brother well and playing for the white and gold. Obviously Miles is emotional young man. I hope he will realize that going to a factory where he will wait years to see the field is not best for him. Hope his brother tells him this too. Sure we need him for his talent but most of all we need to show other talented high school players that true freshman can start and do well at Tech.
His brother could help with this so much. The speech is simple. "Little brother, I screwed up; it's on me. Don't let this become your problem. You have a chance to go to a world class school and see lots of playing time."
Or he could take a different route, poison his brother's attitude toward Tech and the two of them could eventually end up playing together at Troy.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
His brother could help with this so much. The speech is simple. "Little brother, I screwed up; it's on me. ..."
Or he could take a different route, poison his brother's attitude toward Tech ...

Depending upon how Anthony handles the situation will make a difference if Myles shows up or not. To bad that Anthony couldn't acquiesce and live by some simple rules. A wasted opportunity on his part.

Status
Not open for further replies.