Update on Myles Autry

Status
Not open for further replies.

wingsrlevel

Jolly Good Fellow
GT has this kid by the balls. His mother needs to take the phone away from him before CPJ squeezes them harder than he can handle.

techman78

Jolly Good Fellow
With the attitude that he is taking I don't know that I want him here. I think he is a tremendous athlete that could be a star but there has been so much drama with this kid since day one, now his brother makes what must have been at least his 3rd major mistake and gets booted and he's gonna waiver on coming.... Just don't know if he would be a good fit.

Bad thing to me is, I really liked Anthony and had high hopes for him and was hoping he had learned from his mistakes.
SMH

Bruce Wayne

Helluva Engineer
I am sure it sucks to suddenly not be able to play with your brother. In fact, it has to really really suck.

But they each have to live their own lives and make their own decisions. If Myles sees the benefit to playing at Tech and getting a Tech degree in and for themselves and has it in him to work hard for his longer term goals in life then it would be a real shame to let a poor choice or action of his older brother cause two people to be out of the program and Tech.

I hope he thinks long and hard before he lets his sympathy for his brother be enough of a reason to forego the challenges and rewards of Tech. You can love your brother and support him and be sympathetic and still go to Tech. In fact, he could work twice as hard to reach his potential at Tech and achieve what Anthony is now unable to achieve there. Put an "Autry" stamp on the program you both chose as it were.

GT_B

Ramblin' Wreck
I mean you would think this would be good for him to make his own mark on the program and not be compared with Anthony but like others have said if he's now coming in with I don't really want to be here attitude is rather him be happy and go where he really wants to be ...no need wasting a spot for hi to leAve in a year

Bruce Wayne

Helluva Engineer
With the attitude that he is taking I don't know that I want him here. I think he is a tremendous athlete that could be a star but there has been so much drama with this kid since day one, now his brother makes what must have been at least his 3rd major mistake and gets booted and he's gonna waiver on coming.... Just don't know if he would be a good fit.

Bad thing to me is, I really liked Anthony and had high hopes for him and was hoping he had learned from his mistakes.
SMH

Yeah but this is Myles first reaction and in a medium (Twitter) that isn't known to encourage calm and cool reasoning. It is a pretty natural reaction I think to feel sympathy and solidarity with your brother. He needs to get together with his family and really talk over what happened.

If Anthony thinks he did something dumb and regrets it then he is more likely to encourage Myles to stick with Tech out of love for his brother and wanting the best for him. After all, Anthony clearly wanted Myles to be at Tech with him. So maybe after a period to cool down, reflect and regroup Myles will choose to work twice as hard for both of them even just out of family pride.

I would love a best-case scenario like that and am ready to cheer for Myles throughout his time at Tech.

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
Myles. Here is my advice. Dont do drugs. And if you do and get caught, dont do it again. But if you do and get caught. Dont do it a third time.

If these rules are unfair and too freaking hard to follow, then tech wont want you there so dont bother coming.

I want you there and so does tech if you can follow the damn rules. See life is really simple. When u follow rules, even if you dont agree with them, it benefits you in the long run. Good luck dude.

cyptomcat

Ramblin' Wreck
If he is really about to qualify after doing a lot of academic work, might as well come and try to come play. He did so much to be able to play.

thebull35

Jolly Good Fellow
Just understand that right now he's emotional about the fact that he's not going to get the opportunity that he thought he was by playing with his older brother. He's 18 and I guarantee a lot of you guys have had some irrational thoughts at that same age. Heck I was in a very similar situation my freshman year in college when a very similar thing that "allegedly" happened to Custis happened to my older brother. I was ready to transfer and go play baseball elsewhere. However, I realized that I had to live my life for myself and become my own man. I went on to meet some of my best friends in life by staying and fulfilled some of my other lifetime dreams.

I say all of this to make the point that at that age, playing ball with your sibling can be a very special thing. Give him some time and let him play things out.

techman78

Jolly Good Fellow
Yeah but this is Myles first reaction and in a medium (Twitter) that isn't known to encourage calm and cool reasoning. It is a pretty natural reaction I think to feel sympathy and solidarity with your brother. He needs to get together with his family and really talk over what happened.

If Anthony thinks he did something dumb and regrets it then he is more likely to encourage Myles to stick with Tech out of love for his brother and wanting the best for him. After all, Anthony clearly wanted Myles to be at Tech with him. So maybe after a period to cool down, reflect and regroup Myles will choose to work twice as hard for both of them even just out of family pride.

I would love a best-case scenario like that and am ready to cheer for Myles throughout his time at Tech.
I truly hope your right. Like I said I think the kid can be a star. I'm sure it is an emotional time for him but the tweet was just uncalled for. All the prior tweets he put out recently said all the right things. I how he still becomes a yellow jacket "if" his attitude is right, don't want him being dismissed in 2 years from now for the same thing. I want players who want to be here.

Bruce Wayne

Helluva Engineer
I truly hope your right. Like I said I think the kid can be a star. I'm sure it is an emotional time for him but the tweet was just uncalled for. All the prior tweets he put out recently said all the right things. I how he still becomes a yellow jacket "if" his attitude is right, don't want him being dismissed in 2 years from now for the same thing. I want players who want to be here.

I generally ignore tweets or just don't treat them harshly because it is an unforgiving medium and encourages thoughtlessness. If you are 18 and it is the same day your brother is dismissed from a team you have been working hard at school all summer to join then I think this is a rather mild tweet. If you think about it Myles tweet coulda been a hell of a lot more unhinged or negative. That doesn't mean I am congratulating him for the tweet but that I will refrain from forming long-term conclusions.

I see no reason not to try and encourage Myles to do his mom and brother proud at Tech. If they decide to drop down a division to play together then so be it but until then, and given my view of what Tech has to offer, I hope he doesn't.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
Let's speculate. Myles would be understandably upset about his brother. Out of loyalty to him he would naturally take his side initially. As a teenager it will take time for him to look at this in a more mature way. The question is whether he will attempt to act out in some way that causes Tech to decide to release him from his letter. He did have 33 other offers according to 247Sports. So theoretically if any of those schools, say LSU, Auburn, Ohio State, FSU, uga or Michigan State has room for him and thinks they can rehab his attitude, they will take him. But the ball is in his court right now. I have not seen a twitter post since the one where he asks the question about going to Tech or not.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
If he decides to stay at Tech great. If he wants out I say release him from his LOI. Want guys that want to be here. Don't want head cases or primadonas.

Status
Not open for further replies.