Update on incoming freshman Gary Brown

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
6'3 is a stretch..but Brown is a good player. Love his film and his attitude playing the game. Could be one to watch this year.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Gary reminds me of young man who played guard in Texas high school the year before my son played tackle. Dan Neil was same porortions and strength coming out of high school- his blocks were quick to point of attack looked like browns - pushing a grocery cart and always were runner would follow. Dan went on to set univ Tex lifting records, all american, Denver broncos ( they blocked like we do), and ran and almost won race for Texas house as republican in liberal Austin.. IMO Brown could be something special at T and glad he is coming aboard.

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
Gary reminds me of young man who played guard in Texas high school the year before my son played tackle. Dan Neil was same porortions and strength coming out of high school- his blocks were quick to point of attack looked like browns - pushing a grocery cart and always were runner would follow. Dan went on to set univ Tex lifting records, all american, Denver broncos ( they blocked like we do), and ran and almost won race for Texas house as republican in liberal Austin.. IMO Brown could be something special at T and glad he is coming aboard.

The plan is Guard for him.

vamosjackets

GT Athlete
Featured Member
Wasn't his twitter name something like PrinceDeadlift? :)

Edit: Nevermind, I just read the article ... yep that was his name.

Last edited:

vamosjackets

GT Athlete
Featured Member
Just watched his film. He looks great physically, already a good passblocker, good motor through the whistle, good finisher. But, he plays a little high. He's going to have to adjust to coming of the ball lower and staying low through the block to get the leverage he'll need to move guys at this level. He didn't have to be the low man to win the battles in high school, but that's going to change in a hurry. Being a great deadlifter means that he's got all of the tools to do that.
I'm excited about him and Divine as the future of our interior OL. I still think Will Bryan looks like an interior guy too. Those three would make a deadly combination at the GCG spots. Three Earthmovers.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
That dude is strong. Just overpowers everyone at the point of attack and he never gets taken backwards. He's moving people. Not as nasty of a finisher as Will Bryan who just loves to take everyone to the dirt (not many I've seen are), but he steers people so effortlessly.

Honestly, I could see him playing some defensive tackle he's so strong, and his base is so powerful. He also has a quick first step which combined with his strength could cause a lot of problems in the offensive backfield. In his few defensive highlights he just moves OLs out of the way and gets into the backfield so easily.

He's not a tall guy, but he's got a lot of potential packed into that frame.

sideways fan

Georgia Tech Fan
That dude is strong. Just overpowers everyone at the point of attack and he never gets taken backwards. He's moving people. Not as nasty of a finisher as Will Bryan who just loves to take everyone to the dirt (not many I've seen are), but he steers people so effortlessly.

Honestly, I could see him playing some defensive tackle he's so strong, and his base is so powerful. He also has a quick first step which combined with his strength could cause a lot of problems in the offensive backfield. In his few defensive highlights he just moves OLs out of the way and gets into the backfield so easily.

He's not a tall guy, but he's got a lot of potential packed into that frame.

Is there any chance we could, like clone him so he could play both sides of the ball? He could even practice against himself. How cool would that be? Just saying

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
It's not the kid's fault. I know his former roommate, the kid was trying to be theatrical. He really is quiet and unassuming. The problem is that The Hill saw the attention it got and has kept the theme going.

Before I finish my part in the hijacking of the thread, let me say that the GT commercials during our football games are STALE and LAME.

Back to the original thread; it is great that we are getting so many walk ons. Sure most won't ever play in a game, but they add a lot of depth to the practice squads which are essential during the season. Plus every now and then you get a Godhigh.

JazzyD95

Ramblin' Wreck
It's not the kid's fault. I know his former roommate, the kid was trying to be theatrical. He really is quiet and unassuming. The problem is that The Hill saw the attention it got and has kept the theme going.

Before I finish my part in the hijacking of the thread, let me say that the GT commercials during our football games are STALE and LAME.

Back to the original thread; it is great that we are getting so many walk ons. Sure most won't ever play in a game, but they add a lot of depth to the practice squads which are essential during the season. Plus every now and then you get a Godhigh.
It is fault, he said the ****ing thing. He couldn't just give a normal speech at my freshman convocation?
Back to the original thread now, I'm finished.