Upcharge?

GTRambler

Helluva Engineer
I know, but the DT was upcharging so much it may have affected TM’s decision making to the point he was gonna take it upon himself to gamble and decide to give no matter what.

I certainly agree. At least in part. While the above slo-mo replays make it look like Taquon was reading the upcharges, in real time it was so fast — in milliseconds — that the human computer mind-and-arm
/hand-muscle neuron link simply cannot execute the right give or keep decision in time.

This is why I continue to believe they—or, at least many of them, not all of them—were either predetermined give or predetermined keep plays, as called for by CPJ. It was a high-stakes chess match between CPJ and Miami DC Manny Diaz.

I do appreciate Longest Day’s posting of the slo-motion replays, as they are indeed enlightening and educational. I love to watch them! Thank you, Longest Day!

steebu

Ramblin' Wreck
@dressedcheeseside @steebu did you notice the counter option wrinkle that CPJ ran as a designed QB keeper? to the inside of the DE...

Yeah, it looked like counter option and TQM tucked it immediately after reverse-pivoting out. Interesting wrinkle, the neat thing about the offense is CPJ referred to it as a "packaged offense", meaning, he can literally mix and match different pieces together to make a whole new play to take advantage of what the defense is doing.

GTRambler

Helluva Engineer
Yeah, it looked like counter option and TQM tucked it immediately after reverse-pivoting out. Interesting wrinkle, the neat thing about the offense is CPJ referred to it as a "packaged offense", meaning, he can literally mix and match different pieces together to make a whole new play to take advantage of what the defense is doing.

Absolutely.

MidtownJacket

Staff member

Not bad for a boring high school offense that only has three plays.. :Sneaky:

Jay Alexander

Jolly Good Fellow

Isn’t this the same play we saw for the first time with Justin Thomas? I think CPJ called it a QB counter and said it was actually Coach Cook’s idea to add it in the mix.

steebu

Ramblin' Wreck
Isn’t this the same play we saw for the first time with Justin Thomas? I think CPJ called it a QB counter and said it was actually Coach Cook’s idea to add it in the mix.

No, it's not the same play. This one is a QB keep off counter option action. You're thinking of a QB counter where both the backside G and T pull and lead for the QB. And it was CLO who implemented it against NC State a few years ago.

My mind is like a steel trap! (everything gets mangled)