Up and coming receivers

Yaller Jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
gtg391z makes the very good point in the Post Game thread that having a passing quarterback is not the only ingredient -- we need some receivers with the speed and moves to beat man to man coverage. Do we have any young talent that might fit that description? Or any hotshot recruits we are likely to sign?

GTonTop88

Helluva Engineer
gtg391z makes the very good point in the Post Game thread that having a passing quarterback is not the only ingredient -- we need some receivers with the speed and moves to beat man to man coverage. Do we have any young talent that might fit that description? Or any hotshot recruits we are likely to sign?
I was really hoping Dolphus and Jair Hawkins would emerge. Jair should have enough speed to beat man to man coverage if the DB hesitates at all.

Jacketman1

Ramblin' Wreck
Malachi Carter showed some promise this year. Camp disappointed me a little bit. I was(and am) really excited to see Hawkins-Anderson, but maybe he isn't ready. It would be an awesome speed/size combo with Dolphus. Sanders also got some hype.

Sparkybob

Georgia Tech Fan
I remember one of the young WR started in place of Camp who was injured during the Duke game and struggle with their run blocker.

I do agree we need to guys who can get separation on the outside. TQM and the O-Line had their blame for the struggle of the passing game but there were times the WR could not beat their man coverage either.

Matt E

GT Athlete
Brad was our best receiver in terms of route running and blocking. IMO this position group has been on a steady decline since Smelter and Waller left. We have heard guys like Jair Hawkins have great speed, but if they can’t block they cant play in our offense. I like many am hoping that Carter can develop and step up next season.

ibeattetris

Helluva Engineer
I might as well go to Stingtalk if everyone is just going to turn every thread into the same snarky comments about the coach and the offense instead of discussing the actual topic at hand.
At least the people on Stingtalk are clever with their trolling. The ones over here are just lazy whiners.

As for our receivers, Camp looks like he has the physical traits to be a good one. Dolphus looks pretty good too.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Brad was our best receiver in terms of route running and blocking. IMO this position group has been on a steady decline since Smelter and Waller left. We have heard guys like Jair Hawkins have great speed, but if they can’t block they cant play in our offense. I like many am hoping that Carter can develop and step up next season.

I believe Malachi laid a mutt out on a block on Juanye’s TD return. He’s an athletic playmaker. Just needs to work hard and keep improving in all phases.