Uniforms for 2013

gtfan3

Jolly Good Fellow
Eric do you know what type of uniform the teams will be wearing? Also I know the Russell contract runs out soon so do you think maybe we will switch?

IronJacket7

Helluva Engineer
i would not mind seeing us go back to black in color theme for a few games in honor of roof and the black watch D

GTJason

Helluva Engineer
Jn4heisman said:
What do u guys think about getting sponsored by Jordan? I am just throwing it out there!

I'm a big fan of Nike, but Jordan is too UNC for us. I'm a BIG fan however of Megatron gear. How we haven't gotten a 4 star WR every year after the Stephen Hill draft baffles me

nike-megatron-calvin-johnson-cj81-collection-01.jpg

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
GTJason said:
Jn4heisman said:
What do u guys think about getting sponsored by Jordan? I am just throwing it out there!

I'm a big fan of Nike, but Jordan is too UNC for us. I'm a BIG fan however of Megatron gear. How we haven't gotten a 4 star WR every year after the Stephen Hill draft baffles me

nike-megatron-calvin-johnson-cj81-collection-01.jpg

That actually is some nice gear. I've never been that up in arms about having Russell but seeing that we're missing out on stuff like that is fairly eye opening. That stuff matters to recruits. Maybe Big Bob can rectify the situation. Even Under Armor would be a significant upgrade. IIRC we had the opportunity to get in on them early but chose Russell because it was a better deal at the time.

As far as the 4-star WR's go, I think you underestimate the level of negative recruiting we face and overestimate kids' ability to see through it.

gtfan3

Jolly Good Fellow
eric can you speak with people and see what they think about uniforms and recruiting or tell me what u think...

gtfan3

Jolly Good Fellow
we need nike asap lets start a revolution haha #GTneedsnike lets start it on twitter and let recruits see it

IronJacket7

Helluva Engineer
I agree we need a new uniform sponsor. The guy that started Under Armour made his first big sell a GT. UA might be an option as well. Whatever we do we need to realize that football is no longer football like the old days. Today football is Marketing.

gtfan3

Jolly Good Fellow
They need to change within the next few seasons. Forget the contract you can change brands I would take any Adidas nike ua doesn't matter anything is an upgrade

ramblinvak

Ramblin' Wreck
Just went to a nearby big name sports store that is synonymous to the male reproductive organ and there is a reason that they sell Russell all the way in the back of the store. Let me tell you, as a 21 year old, this stuff does really matter.

ramblinvak

Ramblin' Wreck
On top of that, I feel that Russell is taking advantage of us. They claimed to have spent a lot of time on our uniforms, and they looked atrocious. Mixing star trek font with the wrong school colors is a huge embarrassment in my eyes.