Uniforms for 2013

Discussion in 'Georgia Tech Football' started by gtfan3, May 15, 2013.

1. gtfan3

gtfan3 Jolly Good Fellow

Eric do you know what type of uniform the teams will be wearing? Also I know the Russell contract runs out soon so do you think maybe we will switch?

2. zsjacket21

zsjacket21 Jolly Good Fellow

The Russell contract won't end until 2018.

3. gtfan3

gtfan3 Jolly Good Fellow

They need to switch to nike it would help us

4. IronJacket7

IronJacket7 Helluva Engineer

i would not mind seeing us go back to black in color theme for a few games in honor of roof and the black watch D

5. gtfan3

gtfan3 Jolly Good Fellow

I would love a black uniform

6. Jn4heisman

Jn4heisman Jolly Good Fellow

What do u guys think about getting sponsored by Jordan? I am just throwing it out there!

7. Jn4heisman

The recruits would love having Jordan stuff!

8. GTJason

GTJason Helluva Engineer

I'm a big fan of Nike, but Jordan is too UNC for us. I'm a BIG fan however of Megatron gear. How we haven't gotten a 4 star WR every year after the Stephen Hill draft baffles me

[​IMG]

9. kg01

kg01 Helluva Engineer Featured Member

That actually is some nice gear. I've never been that up in arms about having Russell but seeing that we're missing out on stuff like that is fairly eye opening. That stuff matters to recruits. Maybe Big Bob can rectify the situation. Even Under Armor would be a significant upgrade. IIRC we had the opportunity to get in on them early but chose Russell because it was a better deal at the time.

As far as the 4-star WR's go, I think you underestimate the level of negative recruiting we face and overestimate kids' ability to see through it.

10. Gojackets55

Gojackets55 Banned

Kids feel like they are weraing high school uniforms when they wear Russell.

11. gtfan3

gtfan3 Jolly Good Fellow

i think it affects recruiting a little

12. gtfan3

gtfan3 Jolly Good Fellow

eric can you speak with people and see what they think about uniforms and recruiting or tell me what u think...

13. Jn4heisman

I have never heard a recruit say I want to play in Russell jersey's! It is all about Nike!

14. gtfan3

gtfan3 Jolly Good Fellow

we need nike asap lets start a revolution haha #GTneedsnike lets start it on twitter and let recruits see it

15. GaTechYellowJackets

GaTechYellowJackets Jolly Good Fellow

Nike > Russell. Go to any store and the quality of the companies is like night and day. Nikes stuff is so much better.

16. IronJacket7

IronJacket7 Helluva Engineer

I agree we need a new uniform sponsor. The guy that started Under Armour made his first big sell a GT. UA might be an option as well. Whatever we do we need to realize that football is no longer football like the old days. Today football is Marketing.

17. gtfan3

gtfan3 Jolly Good Fellow

They need to change within the next few seasons. Forget the contract you can change brands I would take any Adidas nike ua doesn't matter anything is an upgrade

18. ramblinvak

ramblinvak Helluva Engineer

Just went to a nearby big name sports store that is synonymous to the male reproductive organ and there is a reason that they sell Russell all the way in the back of the store. Let me tell you, as a 21 year old, this stuff does really matter.

19. gtfan3

gtfan3 Jolly Good Fellow

Get nike or Adidas or ua

20. ramblinvak

ramblinvak Helluva Engineer

On top of that, I feel that Russell is taking advantage of us. They claimed to have spent a lot of time on our uniforms, and they looked atrocious. Mixing star trek font with the wrong school colors is a huge embarrassment in my eyes.