Uniform stuff

GT inside Georgia Map outline for Football Helmets

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

1BearJACKET

Jolly Good Fellow
I really like the warmup tops that the basketball team is wearing with the interlocking GT inside the ouline of the map of Georgia. Since WE RUN THIS STATE, why not the use the same design on the sides of the football helmets for 2017?

SteamWhistle

Helluva Engineer
Only uniforms I don't like are the Blue Tops. I'd like to see us try a chrome gold helmet with white GT logo kinda like this :
IMG_0520.PNG
But with a solid white GT.

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
Why do u get mad at white helmets? Those plain white helmets were a gt classic back in the day. I love em. I think they wore them regularly in the 50s.

We never wore White hats in the 50's. Dodd changed, I believe, to White hats mid 65 and for his last season in 66. Carson then went back to Gold, but with stripes & GT logo. Then to White.

And we have had variations since, as you know.

I think a hat with state outline & logo would look, well, BLAH! Shirts, yeah. But not on unis. JMO.

GTRX7

Helluva Engineer
I have said for years we should try the GT inside the state of Georgia on the field (midfield or 25 yard lines). Love seeing it on the bball warmups the last two years. I think it is a smart idea to market us as a team the state of Georgia should be proud of and root for, not just a niche Atlanta engineering school.

Jacket4Life9

Jolly Good Fellow
Maybe on the field and maybe on an "alternate" one-game-a-year helmet. Texas A&M's helmet with the state of Texas outlining the "aTm" doesn't look bad. I would have to see the design first of GT's helmet, because with the wrong design it could be atrocious. I think a matte navy helmet with the state of ga outline and "GT" would look cool for one game, given that we had alternate uni's to match perfectly. Nothing I want to see every Saturday.

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
This is the really the only thing I am completely opposed to then changing about the uniform. Leave the gold helmet with the GT alone. Do whatever you want with the rest

MikeJackets

Helluva Engineer
We never wore White hats in the 50's. Dodd changed, I believe, to White hats mid 65 and for his last season in 66. Carson then went back to Gold, but with stripes & GT logo. Then to White.

And we have had variations since, as you know.

I think a hat with state outline & logo would look, well, BLAH! Shirts, yeah. But not on unis. JMO.
I'd like to see a couple of throwback games with the Jackets wearing the black,white and gold uniforms of 1980-1986.:cool: I always liked those uniforms.;)