Uniform reveal - Notre Dame

GoGATech

Jolly Good Fellow
If you guys want another reason to be upset with adidas... Tech is the only adidas school to unveil a new jersey this week that’s not in adidas’ premier jersey template, the A1 Primknit. Tech’s black jersey in the WVN A1, which is a step down from the Primeknit. What’s the difference in performance/comfort/wearability you might ask? I don’t know, you’d have to ask a player. But optically its pretty cheap that Tech isn’t wearing the best material when everybody else is.

If you’re wondering, both of the white jerseys, the navy, and the grey are A1 Primeknit, while the gold is also WVN A1. You can tell by the diagonally knitted lines (or lack thereof) across the chest of the jersey.
yeah the gold ones from last year had the same cheap look. Adidas confuses me.
What's weird as well is that the spring game gold unis were in the primeknit material and then the ones we wore in the games were the cheaper baggier ones made in the same template as these new black ones. Not sure if that falls on Tstan or Adidas. Probably both
So what I have heard is that the gold Primeknit jerseys we had for the spring game last year were rushed and Adidas used the wrong gold thread. CGC wanted to have a gold jersey last year so they rushed the WVN A1 jerseys for us to have ready for the season. The cape day unis were already in production also in Primeknit at the time. So fast forward to this year, word is we are getting new gold Primeknit jerseys to replace those WVN A1 from last year, hopefully they will be done in time. We were also supposed to get new cape day uniforms and that did not happen on time because of Covid. I assume those would have been Primeknit also. The black watch throwbacks apparently have been in the works for a while also, and I assume since we are already getting new Primeknit jerseys this year, they could not get these done on that template in time so went ahead and made them in the WVN A1 for us.

Gold1

Helluva Engineer
So what I have heard is that the gold Primeknit jerseys we had for the spring game last year were rushed and Adidas used the wrong gold thread. CGC wanted to have a gold jersey last year so they rushed the WVN A1 jerseys for us to have ready for the season. The cape day unis were already in production also in Primeknit at the time. So fast forward to this year, word is we are getting new gold Primeknit jerseys to replace those WVN A1 from last year, hopefully they will be done in time. We were also supposed to get new cape day uniforms and that did not happen on time because of Covid. I assume those would have been Primeknit also. The black watch throwbacks apparently have been in the works for a while also, and I assume since we are already getting new Primeknit jerseys this year, they could not get these done on that template in time so went ahead and made them in the WVN A1 for us.
good to hear CGC wants a gold jersey 👍

gt13

Ramblin' Wreck
Doesn’t Adidas give each team a design “refresh” every three years? I think our uniforms now are great, but I would change the stingers on the pants to just a solid stripe. They’re ok on the shoulder pads but on the pants they look weird to me

Tadams6599

Jolly Good Fellow
Got a warning for saying can’t wait to watch David curry take himself out of plays in those sick unis, starting to guess his dad is an admin, if that’s worth a warning ban me lol fans should be allowed to speak their mind and finding humor with this team is the only thing getting me through this season. Bye boomer

jojatk

Helluva Engineer
When your team is good, this kind of stuff is cool. When your team is bad, this kind of stuff is lame.
To fans. Not necessarily to recruits. My kids, both of whom fit into the age group of teens and young college age, think our uniform reveals and the different uniforms are very cool. They are constantly pointing them out to me and others (and that is in spite of a significant chunk of their friends being UGA fans).

For me I can take it or leave it. But it does resonate with a much younger crowd than you and I :ROFLMAO: (though to be fair I would imagine that some kids will feel the same way as us but for different reasons).

CrackerJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
To fans. Not necessarily to recruits. My kids, both of whom fit into the age group of teens and young college age, think our uniform reveals and the different uniforms are very cool. They are constantly pointing them out to me and others (and that is in spite of a significant chunk of their friends being UGA fans).

For me I can take it or leave it. But it does resonate with a much younger crowd than you and I :ROFLMAO: (though to be fair I would imagine that some kids will feel the same way as us but for different reasons).
I get the marketing angle, joja, but ya gotta perform to sustain your audience. Think Lady Gaga vs a Kardashian, any Kardashian.