Unicorn at the game!!!

1939hotmagic

Jolly Good Fellow
Saw it, took note of it, loved it. That is the time and place on the field to do it, as well as on third/fourth-and-forever-no-really-forever (e.g., 3rd and 25+ and we really need a 1st down). Otherwise, yeah, I agree; the QB in shotgun should be extraordinarily rare.

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
I remember it and it was good stuff, but it just got lost in all of the other nonsense that happened at the end. I do think when we're in fourth and long and 3rd and long we waste a ton of time dropping back. Should not be the norm but it has to be a part of the playbook.

SidewalkJacket

Helluva Engineer
In the last few years we have had ZERO problem passing our way down the field in late game situations from our traditional under-center look. Our pass blocking has become SO much better recently that I don't see a need to practice shotgun snaps too much.

More than anything I think CPJ does it every now and then when it's very unlikely we'll score just to keep opposing DCs spending a little time in practice on the possibility we'll do it in the 2-minute drill. Then we just drive right down the field from under-center...

YJMD

Helluva Engineer
My thought was that I was scared for a botched snap. Other thing was a reminder of watching the computer simulations showing us in shotgun and laughing at them.

Question: Was Quon's last second desperation toss to Qua (I think it was Qua) a lateral pitch or a forward pass. If it was a lateral, then what difference did it make that he had to scoop it off the ground; it would be a fumble, wouldn't it? So either it was a forward pass or the O can't advance the ball after a fumble, or the refs screwed up. Sadly though, even though he reached the ball across the goal line, I think he was already down, so it's all a moot point. But was it a pitch or a pass?

furant

Jolly Good Fellow
Question: Was Quon's last second desperation toss to Qua (I think it was Qua) a lateral pitch or a forward pass. If it was a lateral, then what difference did it make that he had to scoop it off the ground; it would be a fumble, wouldn't it? So either it was a forward pass or the O can't advance the ball after a fumble, or the refs screwed up. Sadly though, even though he reached the ball across the goal line, I think he was already down, so it's all a moot point. But was it a pitch or a pass?
I'm going with a pitch. At least from my viewing angle. And it was Kirvonte Benson.

TheTaxJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Been wanting to rewatch but cant yet

Im just gonna watch until 5 mins left in regulation and cut it off.

My heart was pounding out of my chest during that 2 point play. I threw my hands up in TD motion wheb the play was snapped and I saw Benson outside with blockers. Then TQ didnt pitch. Sickening.

Oh well. I think our team may be better for this loss. It was a resliency building loss and better to come from an opponent from another conference.