Uni combo

chris975d

Ramblin' Wreck
I concede that you are correct. That is the latest. So weird how much it conflicts with the branding announcement made in 2017 that was supposed to simplify things somewhat (but didn't go nearly far enough imo). So much fanfare back in 2017 and in 2019 right back where we started with a million variations.

From 2017:

http://www.gtathl.com/

Really want to see how screwed up/confused our own AA is? Look at the part of the page you just linked (when we were apparently trying to simplify our branding) that I have circled in gold here:

047dabbee067416f527bbfc916e34641.jpg

I quote: “As the official logo and the most recognized mark for Georgia Tech Athletics, the interlocking GT will now only be displayed with our primary colors on the inside: white and gold.”

This would mean that the GT logo will always be white or gold fill, nothing else. The animated graphic just below that even shows such, as it eliminates all dark GT fills and drops down to “just 8”.

But look at what we, as a team, did on gold pants earlier this year:

d20e2253eec9ca843e6e48605cd54fbc.jpg

A dark filled GT...

To be fair, the latest style guide (3/11/19) that I linked to does allow for this on a case by case basis now, but they have literally gone back on everything said in that original 2017 style/branding consolidation.

katlong

Jolly Good Fellow
Although not really related to the topic of this thread, this is still a really interesting article about Tech traditions that someone just posted in FB. Most of it I was already familiar with, but there's some new stuff in it (at least for me), and it's always good to get a fresh new take on our history and traditions. One thing I had never heard before is the origin of "Ramblin' Wreck" as stated in the article ----
https://www.gtalumni.org/s/1481/alumni/17/magazine-pages.aspx?pgid=10515&gid=21&cid=27491
Seem so their behavior hasn’t changed...still whining about refs and acting like thugs! Thanks for posting

TooTall

Helluva Engineer
But have yall noticed on our in game commercials for Ga Tech that the school has changed the coloring and workmark to match what the GTAA rolled out with? Took me by surprise when I rewatched last weeks game.

Jacket05

Ramblin' Wreck
Really want to see how screwed up/confused our own AA is? Look at the part of the page you just linked (when we were apparently trying to simplify our branding) that I have circled in gold here:

047dabbee067416f527bbfc916e34641.jpg

I quote: “As the official logo and the most recognized mark for Georgia Tech Athletics, the interlocking GT will now only be displayed with our primary colors on the inside: white and gold.”

This would mean that the GT logo will always be white or gold fill, nothing else. The animated graphic just below that even shows such, as it eliminates all dark GT fills and drops down to “just 8”.

But look at what we, as a team, did on gold pants earlier this year:

d20e2253eec9ca843e6e48605cd54fbc.jpg

A dark filled GT...

To be fair, the latest style guide (3/11/19) that I linked to does allow for this on a case by case basis now, but they have literally gone back on everything said in that original 2017 style/branding consolidation.
I really hate that I am joining in on this conversation but just wanted to note that they have had the navy GT on the pants last year as well.