Unheralded

Jack

Jolly Good Fellow
GT has had some unheralded players that have played some great ball, and helped win some games and entertainment.
Moses was the most recent. Ben Lammers was one, too.
a late recruit that Bobby got was
Mat Harpring and Craig Neal.
Others?

tbglover

Ramblin' Wreck
So are you asking about low key recruits that produced above their ranking or players who just didn't get their credit?

Either way for now I'd say Eddie Elisma, Alvin Jones Jr and Clarence Moore

MtnWasp

Ramblin' Wreck
The Barry Brothers for sure. Jon Barry was taken without Cremins having ever seen him play. Drew Barry was not highly ranked.
Tony Akins I would put on this list. I don't remember his recruiting ranking.
Jose Alvrado has got to be up there with Harpring. Luke Schenscher was a big one. Maybe Okogie should be on the list.

Elisma and Alvin Jones were decently rated recruits.

ramblinjacket

Ramblin' Wreck
It's hard to remember who was actually heralded and who wasn't. I was thinking Bruce Dalrymple but he was McDonalds All-American when I looked it up. I'd keep Jose Alvarado on the list.

tbglover

Ramblin' Wreck
The Barry Brothers for sure. Jon Barry was taken without Cremins having ever seen him play. Drew Barry was not highly ranked.
Jose Alvrado has got to be up there with Harpring. Luke Schenscher was a big one. Maybe Okogie should be on the list.

Akins was a Top 75 recruit generally, 55 by Hoop Scoop.
Mario West as a walkon.

Jack

Jolly Good Fellow
So are you asking about low key recruits that produced above their ranking or players who just didn't get their credit?

Either way for now I'd say Eddie Elisma, Alvin Jones Jr and Clarence Moore
Yes, EE was one I thought of but couldn’t remember his name and the other two were like I was thinking. GT had a lot of heralded players that were lots of fun to watch but there is something special when a player, without high expectations, blossoms.

Jack

Jolly Good Fellow

Your memory is better than mine and you are right on!

alagold

Helluva Engineer
It's hard to remember who was actually heralded and who wasn't. I was thinking Bruce Dalrymple but he was McDonalds All-American when I looked it up. I'd keep Jose Alvarado on the list.
Jose was on a list of best players coming out of NYC his Sr yr. (maybe at the top.This was in a mag listing best cities to recruit.Oddly we had no one on list from Atl.