Under Armour Partnerships in Trouble

boger2337

Helluva Engineer
Wasn’t sure where to put this. Under Armour going under, now trying to back out of deals. They already pulled out of their MLB deal recently.

Wow... they had probably one of the most extreme rides for a clothing company of recent memory.
Went from no one knowing about them. To every 7-15yr old boy wearing Steph Curry shoes and the Rock having his own label with them. To basically bankruptcy.

Wow.

Milwaukee

Banned
Wow... they had probably one of the most extreme rides for a clothing company of recent memory.
Went from no one knowing about them. To every 7-15yr old boy wearing Steph Curry shoes and the Rock having his own label with them. To basically bankruptcy.

Wow.

Yea, they lost 580M 1st qtr 2020 I believe. That’ll kill almost any company.

Milwaukee

Banned
I wish we had a contract like that with Adidas! Sheesh

Yea they completely overpaid for UCLA, 260M is nuts. They signed UCLA and Utah in 2016, I believe they paid 50M for Utah and 260M for UCLA.
DBD635A9-1C61-4233-9D56-8FEE9C87D981.gif

gtrower

Helluva Engineer
That’s wild?! Wouldn’t UCLA be one of their flagship schools? Maybe prioritizing football schools as more likely to be played?

Techster

Helluva Engineer
UA has been in financial trouble for some time. UCLA was part of their push to partner up with "brand names" to push their brand and it didn't work. It appears they are walking back some financial obligations to save money...and the Covid situation didn't help. Nike, who is far more financially sound than UA, just had a loss of 47% sales in North America alone, and overall revenue is down by 38%:

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/nike-posts-surprise-loss-covid-040212308.html

If Nike took a hit, you can only guess at how much trouble UA is in.

boger2337

Helluva Engineer
UA has been in financial trouble for some time. UCLA was part of their push to partner up with "brand names" to push their brand and it didn't work. It appears they are walking back some financial obligations to save money...and the Covid situation didn't help. Nike, who is far more financially sound than UA, just had a loss of 47% sales in North America alone, and overall revenue is down by 38%:

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/nike-posts-surprise-loss-covid-040212308.html

If Nike took a hit, you can only guess at how much trouble UA is in.
Wonder how bad Adidas is doing.

Gt2019

Helluva Engineer
I wonder what’s gonna happen with schools like auburn, Texas tech and Cincinnati, is the same thing going to happen to them?

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
I wonder what’s gonna happen with schools like auburn, Texas tech and Cincinnati, is the same thing going to happen to them?
Auburn has literally lost money in their UA deal. Their deal included $10M in UA stock that was valued at only $2.3M in 2017, who knows what it looks like now. Wouldn’t surprise me if Auburn got the jump and tried to sever the deal themselves.

I hate how Nike essentially has a monopoly on major sports apparel. 3 of the big 4 pro leagues wear Nike unis, and over 2/3 of Power 5s also do. Lifestyle brands and retail sales killed good uniform design. Uniforms are now designed to sell merchandise instead of look good on the field.