UNC week

Squints

Helluva Engineer
I haven't seen UNC play at all this year. Are they bad enough that we're seriously a 10 point favorite? I don't even know if we're a good team yet.

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
I haven't seen UNC play at all this year. Are they bad enough that we're seriously a 10 point favorite? I don't even know if we're a good team yet.

I don't know about that. I've watched them play and they aren't all that bad...on offense at least. I think they will struggle to stop us from scoring and we will pull away late though...which could easily equate to a 10 point win.

Lavoisier

Ramblin' Wreck
They aren't that bad. Lamar Jackson went ham on them in the 4th but that game could wasn't as big of a blowout as it seems on paper. Louisville was killing them with big plays though. The Duke game was a 3 point game late in the 4th until Duke had a pick-6. I didn't watch the Cal game but looking at the box score it was 35-30. They've had some close calls and could easily be 3-1 right now. With the injuries I definitely see parallels with our 2015 squad that lost so many games by a score or two. CFB is all about matchups and we don't matchup well with what UNC does for whatever reason.

Deleted member 2897

Well, they just lost to Duke. Duke's FBS opponents are 3-8. And those 3 wins are against an 0-4 team, an 0-4 team, and a team (Old Dominion) that has lost by 30+ points twice already. So Duke is playing truly horrible teams so far and UNC just lost to them. 10 points sounds terrible, but its really not. Especially given that in every single game so far this season, our offense has doubled up the opposing team's offense. We have literally pounded every opponent so far on both sides of the ball.

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer
They aren't that bad. Lamar Jackson went ham on them in the 4th but that game could wasn't as big of a blowout as it seems on paper. Louisville was killing them with big plays though. The Duke game was a 3 point game late in the 4th until Duke had a pick-6. I didn't watch the Cal game but looking at the box score it was 35-30. They've had some close calls and could easily be 3-1 right now. With the injuries I definitely see parallels with our 2015 squad that lost so many games by a score or two. CFB is all about matchups and we don't matchup well with what UNC does for whatever reason.

Lamar Jackson may be the truth, but I would say our supporting cast around the QB is better than Louisville's. Our game won't even get to the 4th quarter because the NCAA is going to create a new mercy rule when the see how bad we're stomping them.

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer
UNC lost NFL pick QB Mitch Trubisky, RB Elijah Hood, and WRs Switzer and Hollins (who feasted on us throughout their careers), not to mention all their injuries. UNC is not FSU or Clemson. They cannot simply reload from that. We should beat them this year.

Switzer is the guy I'm glad to see gone. We flat out didn't have anyone who could cover him.
Crazy stat from 2015 game...Marquise Williams led UNC that game in yards passing (134), rushing (148), and receiving (37).

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
The guy I remember is Austin prohle at being tough at that knew how to get open. Report says injured and ???.
Hope so!

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
I feel about UNC the way some of you feel about Georgia. It is just as unhealthy, too. But I want to get up on them early, pound them for 58 minutes, and then have the game called by the Mercy Rule. I want onsides kick on every kickoff, no punts for any reason from anywhere, then finish up by faking to spike the ball and then chunking it 75 yards for a TD. Oh, yeah. Two point conversions only. I know. I said it was unhealthy.